1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

June meeting

Discussion in 'Burlington Region' started by yankieman, Jun 14, 2015.

1. yankieman Well-Known ReefKeeper

Monmouth, IL
    Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    In One week is our monthly meeting and you wont want to miss this one , we are doing a DIY homemade rock, hands on, make one take one home with you demonstration ,,, the meeting is on Saturday June 20th at 12:30 pm in Roger and Cindy Carters garage at 611 210th ave Monmouth Il , there will be refreshments ,,You will need to bring a small tub or bin to put sand in for the rock mold,, Hope to see you all there!!

2. MattTallman

MattTallman New User

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Is this something I could bring my young daughters to and get them involved?

3. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +397 / 6 / -0
    Sure I'll be bringing a couple of my kids.

4. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I guess this maybe isn't directly addressed, but under 18 are free into the fests, etc, so I think that also applies to any event as well.

5. yankieman Well-Known ReefKeeper

Monmouth, IL
    Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Reminder,,, club meeting today at 12:30 pm at my house 611 210th ave Monmouth Il,,DIY homemade rock demo, should be fun and educational!,,,,,refreshments will be supplied and is free event for anyone :) [​IMG]

6. yankieman Well-Known ReefKeeper

Monmouth, IL
    Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    We had a great meeting and I think ev1 enjoyed it , here are some pics of the DIY rock making event,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +397 / 6 / -0
    The frag plugs I made turned out pretty good for it being the first attempt. I'll post a pic of them tomorrow when there fully set up.

8. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
    Very cool. Do you have to let this stuff "cure" before you use it in the tank?

9. yankieman Well-Known ReefKeeper

Monmouth, IL
    Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    For the rocks it takes 4 weeks to cure and we soak it in water for the duration to allow all the salt to dissolve ,, the ph is around 12 until it fully cures

10. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    This looks like a fun event

11. yankieman Well-Known ReefKeeper

Monmouth, IL
    Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I think ev1 had alot of fun