1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

July Meeting - DIY Food Information - July 13th

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by Chris C., Jun 19, 2013.

1. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0

I noticed there is not a GIRS Member under this name, are you a Member? I hope so as only GIRS Members get the food/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

2. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0

/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/w00t.gif We are definitely getting alot of bags ordered! I hope we have enough hands/bodies and equipment!! Are we needing food scales to weigh the bags?/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/unsure.gif

3. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    We will plan on bringing cutting boards, knifes, blender and can bring a scale as well...

4. Chris C. Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    That's a good point Sponge. Remember guys, these types of meetings are for GIRS Members. This is the perfect time to become one if you aren't one. Also if you haven't been to a meeting yet this year, you could choose to attend this one as a non-member, in order for us to try and convince you to become one. There are a lot of benefits to becoming a member, and these types of meetings are just one of them!

As for payment, we will be taking cash on the spot. The other option will be paypall. I am still waiting on the details on which paypall account we should use to collect money if people would like to pay before.

Also it is $10.00 per bag for those that attend and the price goes up for those who aren't able to make it. The price for those who can't attend is usually $12.00-$15.00.

5. sblomgren

sblomgren Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    OK, I have renewed my membership, thanks for the reminder!!!

6. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I have a digital scale and Joe has the club food processor and scale so those 2 should do it but another can't hurt. Blenders are not effective. Food processors are really what works

7. jazzybio13 MBI Breeder

Ames
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Chris, can you post a list of needed equipment? So we all have an idea of what still needs to be brought /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/wink.gif also, where can we look on here to show us when are membership fees are due next?

8. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Jazz, just click on join GIRS and then click on PalPal and it should show if you paid via PayPal before /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif

9. jazzybio13 MBI Breeder

Ames
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanks sponge, but I've always paid in person during an event... old school I guess... lol /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif

10. Chris C. Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    I will have to ask how you can tell. I know we can look at list...

11. Fence13 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +300 / 1 / -0
    Hey Chris,

Let me know who I can pay and when I can pay/collect the bags here in Des Moines. I'm officially being drug to a wedding instead of making foods for ze fishes. So just let me know when/where/who I can collect from either Sunday or later in the weeks. Still at 2 bags for your reference.

The other Chris

12. Chris C. Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    I need to add three bags to mine.

Total of 5 bags now!

I will post all needed supplies when I am no longer mobile.

Thread closes tonight so we can get supplies ordered.

13. Kpotter2 Expert Reefkeeper

North liberty, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    How much are bags and is there any people coming thru I C area? Looks like I may not get to go after all.
    Sent via App 2

14. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    For those members not helping, the cost will be somewhere between $12-$15, Kyle :0)

15. Chris C. Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Kyle,

We are hoping that for members that aren't able to attend it will be $13. At this point with the numbers, I think we should be able to get it to that number.

It just all depends on the bulk discounts we are able to get this week when we start to purchase everything.

16. Eric & Amber

Eric & Amber Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you look back on page 3 I offered to get the food for that area to at least CR and Roman said he would take the food get with Chris and c how to pay for it and c if u and Roman can get together .

17. Chris C. Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    At this point we can't take anymore orders for food.

Thanks all that have replied.

18. jazzybio13 MBI Breeder

Ames
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry guys, turns out we will be out of town this weekend and can't make it! We are up in Ames, any ames folks going to be there that would bring bags back for me? I can front the money?

mcclandy??
    sblomgren??
    eric&amber??

I don't know of any other Ames folks... but if you can, let me know! /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif

19. sblomgren

sblomgren Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I also cannot attend. I currently have another member holding mine for me. Sorry.

20. jazzybio13 MBI Breeder

Ames
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks sblomgren. Appreciate the response.