1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

JULY 31 IOWA CITY TANK TOUR SIGN UP

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by CyberJester, Jul 19, 2010.

1. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We have scheduled a Iowa City tour for July 31st. That event will have extremely limited stops due to all the driving. Please place a sign up post in this thread if you are interested in being a stop. 
    Event Date: July 31, 2010
    Event Time: 12:00PM until 5:00PM (approx)
    Subject: Tank tour

Most likely first stop will be at noon and unless the stops are fairly closely placed we will probably not have but 3 or 4 stops to allow for people to be home by a decent time.
    I have only seen interest from 1 so far, please sign up here if interested.
    NOTE: INCORRECT TITLE AT POST, TOUR IS SCHEDULED FOR JULY 31ST, 2010 AS INDICATED IN THE POST ITSELF!
    Jeremy
    GIRS CR/IC Area Trustee

2. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You have the date wrong in the title......and on the same note, I think we will likely be gone that day now /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif

3. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately, that's the last Saturday that I work - weekends off after the 1st.
    Not that I was lookin' to show off my tank - just sayin' /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/plain.gif
    -Eric

4. bobsfish

bobsfish Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Fawn - are you still good with the 31st?

Everyone else in Iowa City - come on folks....we can't have a tour without stops !!

5. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was originally able to do it, but didn't hear anything for awhile, so we scheduled something else.  I think with summer being such a busy time, something like this has to be planned a bit more in advance, as most people have their weekends planned out until Labor Day at this point, at least we do.......

6. bobsfish

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    well....I'm sorry to hear you can't do the 31st any more. Point taken...I'll discuss with Jeremy.

7. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry! Its just so busy now.......I think everyone's seen my old tank anyways /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif

8. Kylie

Kylie Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can be a stop so long as I'm the first at noon. I need to be to work by 2 which means I need to leave my apartment at 1:30. I'm in Coralville along the strip literally right next to Applebee's.

9. bobsfish

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Kylie. Thanks for being willing to host a stop. But, it looks like we're going to have to cancel the tour and reschedule for fall. Jeremy will post a formal cancellation.

10. PJtree23

PJtree23 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just wanted to confirm...there is no tank tour?

11. CyberJester

CyberJester Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Due to lack of stops this tank tour is officially cancelled.  Please don't worry.  We will schedule another one sometime in the fall.  I had promised that the Iowa City area would have there own tour.  So I was try to make sure this got done.  Summer is always a hard time to pull this kind off stuff together.
    Thank you Kylie for offering for us to view your tank, hopfully you will be available in the fall time frame for the reschedule of this event.
    JULY 31ST TANK TOUR IS OFFICALLY POSPONED UNTIL THE FALL.
    Thank you,
    Jeremy Orchuk
    CR/IC GIRS Trustee

12. Kylie

Kylie Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yep! I will! And that'll give my few corals some time to grow into the tank a little /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default//emoticons/smile.gif