1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Jan 19th GIRS meeting

Discussion in 'Des Moines & Ames Region' started by Philby, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Is anyone else from the DM area planning on heading over to the meeting next weekend?
    I want to go, and most likely I'll need a ride (I'll throw in gas $$) so I'm wondering if anyone else is going and has an extra seat for me.
    There is a chance I won't need a ride because my GF might come so that we can go hang out with her aunt/cousin and we'll probably spend Saturday night with them and return to DM on Sunday.
    If I don't end up going (probably only if no one has any room and I can't drive) I put in a frozen fish order to pickup at the meeting so I'd like to send a cooler/cash along with someone to pick that up for me.
    What is everyone else's plans??

2. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am planning on going and I think my roommate wanted to attend as well...

Right now, I was hoping to rideshare with someone too but may end up driving if the local turnout isn't that great...

3. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I may go if I find a ride but my car isn't one I'd trust for that long a drive.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm scheduled to work, not sure if I can get it off yet.

5. ZLTFUL

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well if my roommate goes, he can grab his wife's Chrysler Pacifica. I will double check with him tonight.

6. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By ZLTFUL on 01/10/2008 10:22 AM
    Well if my roommate goes, he can grab his wife's Chrysler Pacifica. I will double check with him tonight.
    What kind of house do you live in "Swinger"?[​IMG]

7. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Wayne1 on 01/10/2008 4:09 PM

Posted By ZLTFUL on 01/10/2008 10:22 AM
    What kind of house do you live in "Swinger"?[​IMG]
    Funny

8. mnballard

mnballard

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone still need a ride? I'll either have my Bravada back from the shop with the AWD fixed again, third times a charm, or a shiney new rental again. This whole car repair thing is really crimping my reefing budget.....

9. ZLTFUL

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I may need a ride Matt...my roomie can't get a key-holder to cover for him and Phil has made plans with a friend. Depends on what happens between now and Saturday...but convenience has it that I am on 4th St. NW...so only about 14 blocks from you...

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to go whether I find a replacement at work or not, but I've got a bunch of stuff that I'm planning on taking and selling, including a 4 ft tank. Will probably have to drive myself.

11. mnballard

mnballard

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey, I got my truck back......again! The 4' tank could be done if needed, just fold down one of the back seats unless it's over 12" wide. -15 on Saturday, what a beautiful day to travel.

12. Nykademus

Nykademus Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am driving up as well if someone would like to ride along. Its an SUV so a tank would not be a problem. I am also thinking about visiting SoM if its open since I will be in the area.

Feel free to PM me and I will get you my number to work out details. If you already have plans, I will see you there /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif