1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

It was worth it!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phathead, May 29, 2008.

1. Phathead

Phathead Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    So as most of you know I was in process of setting up my 75 all ricordea tank.  Well it is finally done, and what a nightmare it has been.  I started off building my own stand and canopy and then stained all of it.  The sump I had I knew wasnt going to fit so it was just set in front of the stand for a couple days until a new one was made.  Then when it was time to make a new one the price went up over two hundred dollars from the original price I was quated so that was out of the question.  My next move was a trade with a current memeber, my sump for his straight up everything was great I transfered my 75 pounds live rock and macro algae over to the new sump that fit under the stand.  It looked great.  Well when I came home from work that night my floor was wet.  What do you know it was leaking from the bottom so I had to once again transfer everything into buckets for the time being.  I traded sumps back with the member and then went to see haung who let me use a sump he had laying around I took that home transfered all the rock again, turned the pump on and guess what the pump was way to much for the sump, little micro bubbles were everywhere.  Yeah I could have probably used some filter pads or something but I run all natural no pads for me.  So once again I had to transfer back to buckets and take the sump back to haung.  Ok so at this point I am starting to regret tearing the 125 down that worked just fine with no problems.  I then had a thought HOLES! I grabbed the drill and went to town.  Right through the floor to the basement I went and put the original sump I started with in the basement with all my extra goodies with no limit on room.  IT IS AWESOME!  Although I do need alittle stronger pump now the MAG18 is not cutting it anymore, but that's another topic.  I am now able to relax and enjoy my tank (about time too).  The only thing I am waiting for now is finding hinges for my all smoked glass front doors for the stand.  The glass is 1/2 thick and I cant find any hinges that will hold the 1/2 piece each measures approx. 3'X2'.  This will complete my project Im getting alittle impatient to see my doors on the stand.  Im sure all of you have had some nightmares like this one, I just hope you sstuck with it to the end because it was worth it [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Hope everyone likes it as much as me.  There are allot more rics since these pictures Ill post them soon.

2. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looks great....Nice work!!

eins

3. FishNewb1

FishNewb1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sweet Tank! I love the jawfish too!

4. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looks great. I can not wait to see it in 6 mo's when the Rics have multiplied.

5. Phathead

Phathead Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yeah it is going to be sweet as I said earlier thses are about 2 weeks old I have added alot of ricordeas since then. I know for sure I am over 200+ rics in my tank I have been cutting the ones I like the most to grow quicker also.

6. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry but as the Ricordia police, I will have to confiscate all of your rics so that they can be returned to my tank er I mean the ocean. /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

Lookin' good man. Thinking I may need to hurry up with my 75g