1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

It`s official....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Waverz, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Over the last few days I have been tearing apart my reef system, man I can't get over how much crap I had hooked up!  It is sad to see it go, yet it is some what of of a load off not having to worry about it anymore.  Up until a week ago I thought I would save all my equipment and use it on a bigger system this spring.  Now that I haven;t had a big tank to worry about it I have changed my mind.  I am still going to keep MOST of the equipment for a future build but in all honesty, I think it will be a few years before I decided to go big again. 
    I'm not totally free of the "reef bug" by any means.  I still have a 29 gallon Bio Cube that I am pimping out.  The chiller is on it's way as well as a lighting upgrade kit from nano tuners.  I am going to be putting 144 watts of PC's on this little tank.  I should be able to grow just about anything but am going to try to keep mainly LPS.  I don't have a whole lot of experience with LPS but after years of having mostly SPS dominated tanks it shouldn't be to bad.  My biggest concern with this little tank is STABILITY.  Being it's on 29 gallons alot of things can go wrong very fast.  Hopefully the chiller along with an auto top-off should help keep things in check until I can figure out a good dosing regimen.
    Sure I am going to miss having 300 gallons to keep things stable, a frag tank to pay for the salt and electricity, and a refugium that grew more pods than 100 mandarin gobies could eat, but in the next few years I think the little 29 gallon Bio Cube will keep me content......hopefully.

2. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well if you want to get rid of that frag tank mh, let me know

3. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    If you want it, you can have it, ballast, cords, bulb, reflector. $150 Bulb is about 6 months old and is a 10k XM

4. Jtown

Jtown Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have the nanotuners 4.36 pc upgrade on my 29 biocube. Love it! I did the LED upgrade too. Makes for a cool sunrise and set simulation. I just keep softies in mine but had a few sps frags I kept up high and they did fine. Def a monies worth upgrade.