1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

It pays to clean out your closet..........

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Waverz, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    So, i picked up a water softener last weekend and decided i would go ahead and work on getting the closet cleaned out that has the trap door to the crawl space in it, apparently its been awhile since i've looked in there because i found all sorts of stuff i TOTALLY forgot about.  I found a 2 gallon bucket of Magnesium Chloride that was never opened, the messed up part is i was just going to order another bucket this week!  I also found the motherload of carbon and a bunch of misc. supplements all forgotten about!  So the moral of the story, it pays to clean....
    Guess i'm going to go mix up a 5 gallon bucket of Magnesium, mines been low forever, time to get things back up to par....

2. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice! It's feels good not having to buy something twice. I also cleaned up my fish closet a few weeks ago and found a brand new ph probe and a Profilux 4-fan unit with controller that was barely used. /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

3. PotRoast

PotRoast Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Last week I was appalled at the cost of a basement utility sink. $88.00

Which in retrospect seems like no big deal but I had already dropped like $500 at Menards and wasn't going to go any deeper.

So I went home and got drunk and wandered around my house looking for ANYTHING to sell on ebay. I found and sold a concert poster, an old blackberry, a media reactor, circular saw, old cordless drill battery, a bike frame, a hot tub pump, and a glass handle magnet thing.

Then I found a bunch of stuff that was broken and so I went nuts on the manufacturers of those items.....two corallife powercenter strips, a broken light bulb (ha ha), a sump pump, a remote controlled helicopter, an external hard drive, and the maker of a cordless mixer. (some of these people told me to hit the road, but I did get a new sump pump, helicopter, and power strips, YES!)

4. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I wish I was that productive while drunk...

5. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Lowes has a plastic utility sink for $15. I really like it. Nothing fancy just a square tub on legs but it is pretty strudy and has been serving my purposes for about 6 months without a problem.