1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Is it bad to run warm water through an rodi filter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rustin, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Rustin

Rustin Inactive User GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was making some rodi water and noticed someone used the sink and it was turn back on with hot water. I was curious if anyone has ever done this? Is this is bad for my filters? Should I be ok using the water I made once it cools off? The water wasn't hot enough to burn me but it was pretty warm.

Thanks
    Austin

2. Rustin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    the water in the jug is 96.5 degrees

3. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Actually, someone will correct me if I am wrong I am sure but I believe the efficiency is improved with warm water of an RO/DI system...

4. Benji

Benji Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The ideal operational temperature is 70° to 77°F at 60-70 PSI.  Too hot (or too much pressure) and you will reduce the life of the membrane but, if too cold (or too little pressure) you will be less efficient (an increase in filter time and a decrease in the quality of out put water) 

5. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Benji is right. Room temp water is the best. Too hot and you kill your membrane

6. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I know warm water decreases the life of carbon.......not sure if a carbon filter would be worthless after that, but it may not be as efficient.

7. Rustin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well my tds meter is still reading zero . I hope i didnt do any damage to the membrane.