1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Is bullet setting up a new tank yet?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lee, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I've noticed you have been posting more lately,  could this be because you are looking to set up a new tank?!

2. reeffreak3652

reeffreak3652 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I knew it!!! When you have have saltwater running through your veins, you can't just stop cold turkey!

3. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Didn't he recently move to Madison, South Dakota?

Or am I thinking of someone else?
    If it was him, don't get your hopes up too much. Winter+East River in South Dakota=Pheasant Hunting, Ice Fishing and very little else to do...

4. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    He also has a hunting dog now so....

5. Bullet

Bullet Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Here is a big update for you all. We are moving back to Iowa. We are looking in houses in Clear Lake. Probably will be a few months before we get our house sold and a new one bought but my wife already has a job and I am looking at a few options. We pretty much got f'ed on the family business we moved up here for...so off we go. There is nothing up here except phesants. So basically I moved up here to hunt /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif.

We are looking at a few new houses that do not have the lower level finished yet and every one we walked into the first thing I looked at was....where can I set up a tank. I pretty much have it all planned in my head. It will be awhile though. We kinda have a lot going on right now. One of the first things I will do is find the local reefers and get the club going in that area. I don't think there is even a store up there but there has to be tanks there.

6. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Bob, sorry to hear about what happened. However, I am glad you're moving back to Iowa though. /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif The Clear Lake/Mason City area(pop. 30,000+) is big enough to have a small group I would think. Anyway I hope you guys find the basement you're looking for...I meant house! /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

7. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bob

Great to hear from you....I am sorry about the business adventure...I admire that you were willing to take risk for something that you really wanted.
    Its great to hear your heading back our way.
    Since you are planning a fish room from scratch, I would not forget to include a shower, massage chair, wall mounted 42" plasma display....I think you get the picture.....lol

einsteins

8. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By Bullet on 01/14/2008 2:56 PM
    Here is a big update for you all. We are moving back to Iowa. We are looking in houses in Clear Lake. Probably will be a few months before we get our house sold and a new one bought but my wife already has a job and I am looking at a few options. We pretty much got f'ed on the family business we moved up here for...so off we go. There is nothing up here except phesants. So basically I moved up here to hunt /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif src="/site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif" align=absMiddle border=0>.
    We are looking at a few new houses that do not have the lower level finished yet and every one we walked into the first thing I looked at was....where can I set up a tank. I pretty much have it all planned in my head. It will be awhile though. We kinda have a lot going on right now. One of the first things I will do is find the local reefers and get the club going in that area. I don't think there is even a store up there but there has to be tanks there.
    Good to hear you are coming back to the region Bob. I know how it goes on the looking at fish rooms. Took me awhile to find the right space. It was 8' x 17' and was adjacent to the living room area. Luckily there was a house attached to it. I thought it was going to be huge, but by the time I get the cabinets in there, water tanks, frag tank, tank, sump, equipment shelves, and sink I am all out of room to put stuff. I still need to find somewhere to put the HRV at. I may be able to run a 4"x10" duct to the mechanical room and put it near the furnace which would be ideal anyway.
    Heard from Ed too, hopefully we will be coming back this way as well once he retires.
    Billy

9. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hear about the business.

Woo hoo, cheap frags once again!

10. matt the fiddler

matt the fiddler Inactive User

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Darn it. why can't you be closer to the Quad Cities. ....

Matt

you and me both .. getting ready for a rebuild sometime...

11. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There used to be a store in Mason City awhile ago (not sure of when, but my GF is from around there and said there was one when she was little) but I'm not sure if there's one now.

I think the main problem is that so much of clear lake is seasonal/weekend residents that they don't have tanks because they're not around enough to care for them...but I'm sure there's a couple reefers around with that many people.

12. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hear about the bad luck with the family business. Glad to hear you'll be moving back though. You actually won't be too far from me. I live about half way between Waterloo and Mason City.

There used to be a really good fish store in Mason City called Saigon Aquatics. The guy that ran it and Hung could seriously have been brothers! But he closed up shop about 2 or 3 years ago. I do believe there is a Pet Shop on the North end of Mason City somewhere that does sell some SW fish but I haven't been there for sure to confirm that only rumors.

Well when it comes time to moving back and getting something setup give me a holler I'll gladly drive up and give you a hand with anything you might need.