1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Iowa Pet Foods & Seascapes

Discussion in 'Archive' started by IASeascapes, Apr 10, 2009.

1. IASeascapes

IASeascapes Inactive User Vendor

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hey guys I just wanted to thank you all for the opportunity to become a part of the Club and we are excited to be able to be a sponsor for you guys!  We are currently looking for some sort of special we can do for reef club members only, in addition to the salt deal we have now.  I'm not sure what we will come up with, but until then for those who do not know we currently run sales on all of our aquatics section every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. 
    These specials are:
    10% off all aquatic dry goods except for sale/close out items (includes new tanks!)
    20% off all fish, fresh and salt (excludes inverts/corals at this time)
    $5.98/lb live rock
    Discount on corals, when bought in lots of 3+ (percentage that increases as you go up)
    I will also be posting what we get in on our shipments, not including your average everyday items (yellow tangs, dwarf angels, etc.) when we get them in.
    Feel free to shoot us an email or message with anything you are looking for, or anything we can do to better serve you!!!
    Once again, thanks for the opportunity and we hope to build up a longlasting relationship as a premier dealer of aquatic livestock, supplies and customer service!!!
    Tim Wagner
    Aquatics Manager
    Iowa Pet Foods & Seascapes

2. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Welcome aboard Tim!

Glad to see another local fish store come on line with us.

-Rick-

3. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    its great that u joined the club. I stop in your store a couple of weeks ago, and was very impress. It would be nice if waterloo could get a nice store like that.

4. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Hey welcome to the club

How about an address & directions for those of us that havent been there yet.

Thx
    Craig

5. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree... glad to see you have come on GIRS, you are always the first stop when I am looking for fish! Great prices especially on 20% off days. My most recent, is a Diamond Goby.... was very big for the price I paid and he is very healthy and active!

P.S. I do have a suggestion for the store - make the prices on the frozen food easier to find!!

6. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for sponsoring the club!

--AJ

7. IASeascapes

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We are located at 1500 22nd Street in West Des Moines, Iowa.... The easiest way to get there is via I-235 interstate and you take the 22nd street exit in West Des Moines. Go north to the first stoplight and take a left into the parking lot. We are directly behind Taco Bell and Hooters, and next to Michaels (easiest way to describe to pretty much anybody). Our phone number is (515) 223-0254.

Business hours
    Mon-Fri 10am-8pm
    Sat 10am-6pm
    Sun 11am-5pm

Thanks again for the welcomes and hope to do business with you soon!
    Tim

8. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Sounds like a good excuse for a road trip, I can do my 2 favorite things in 1 day. Eat hot wings @ hooters & look at fish & coral.

9. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    ill agree i can look at corals, fish, and hooters. have you employeed any of the hooter girls yet

10. IASeascapes

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not yet but it brings up a good idea, Hooters day where they catch your fish....lol

Btw I wanted to let GB387 know the prices are up now on the frozen food....much easier to find!
    Tim

11. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome aboard Tim ..

12. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Great change Tim. I must admit I have always wondered about that myself when looking for frozen food. Thanks for the idea Brandon.

13. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the change Tim.... to be honest I never bothered buying any frozen food since I couldn't find the prices and really didn't want to ask anyone about the prices. Excellent!!

14. cagri

cagri Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Over the years I bought a lot of things(livestock, drygoods) from Iowa pet Foods, tim is great to deal with. Highly recommended! I just wish some of the coral tanks are better maintained, I think they are getting there, during my last visit things looked much better.

15. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By cagri on 04/12/2009 09:48 AM
    Over the years I bought a lot of things(livestock, drygoods) from Iowa pet Foods, tim is great to deal with. Highly recommended! I just wish some of the coral tanks are better maintained, I think they are getting there, during my last visit things looked much better.
    I also agree on the corals....  but it does seem to look every time I stop in.  Fish are MUCH improved in the new system!

16. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Hey I stopped by yesterday when I was passing through town.

I love the zero edge tank, it is awesome. How many fish do you find on the floor?

Also had a couple nice clams & lps.

17. IASeascapes

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We actually do not keep fish in that tank usually due to that reason. We currently have a yellow tang in there that's one of the owner's family members (leaking tank), other then that we try to keep everything out of it. Neat idea for a tank, but more of a hassle then not. Every time you reach in there it seems like 2 or 3 gallons of water ends up on the floor. Not to mention the evap rate.....!

18. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I would also imagine it is also a bit nerve racking since everyone that walks over has to put their hand in it. Very cool looking though.

19. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey... I stopped by and bought some frozen food! Much easier to purchase the food knowing the prices, well organized - heck I didn't even know they had flat packs until tonight. If anyone is looking for flat packs they are in the bottom of the cooler under the cube packs. Thanks for listening Tim, you guys have my vote!!! One more thing the rimless tank is really starting to look good.

If anyone is looking for a Powder Blue, they have a large one and he looks good - if I remember right he was around $120. The Purple Tang is still there as well.

20. cowdust9

cowdust9 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    and they got new corals today!