1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Iowa City Tank tour QC DIY demo June 27 NOW WITH PICS

Discussion in 'Quad Cities Area' started by REEFer Madness, Jun 18, 2009.

1. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Another DIY event is on tap for Saturday June 27th
    The general plan for the event will be:
    Estimate a start time of 11:00am or 12:00PM
    A small tank tour of 2 tanks:
    Fawn - 1st Stop
    Rick    - 2nd Stop
    This will be followed up by a DIY demonstration of Rick's DIY Calcium Reactor, several of the GIRS community is already running the reactor with great results.  This is you chance to see how to fabricate one for yourself or to sweet talk Rick into building one for you (for a modest charge of course).  There will also be drilling glass and plumbing sump and tank.
    We will be following that up with a Barbecue event.  Rick has said "I am the greatest griller in all the land!".  Well Rick, we are going to put you to the test my friend.  Alright you got me there, Rick did not say that, but, what the hey it was meant for impact.  Hamburgers and hotdogs, with fix'ins will be provided at no charge.
    So please, clear your calanders, get you car fueled an plan on joining us for the event.
    Details of the time, event locations, and directions will be posted next week some time in the members thread.  I will place a like to that thread here. 
    Again if you are not a member of the club and would like to use this chance to use up your one free event pass please contact me and I will PM you the information.
    *** Yes, I mainly copied and pasted from Jeremy's post.

2. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    That sounds awesome. I'm taking off work when I go in tomorrow! I've always been super confused about calcium reactors and I'm a huge DIYer.

3. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Are both the tanks in IC or are they going to be going to the Quad Cities for the demo? I'm confused about the title...

4. REEFer Madness

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Fawn's tank is in Riverside, Rick's is in Muscatine.

5. REEFer Madness

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Whoever is going to be at the BBQ please post that you are attending. I'll be buying the hot dogs, burgers and what not, so I'll need a rough estimate of who'll be there.

If you don't eat your meat, you won't have any pudding.
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

6. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lol, Yes the DIY will be at my place in Muscatine, since I have most of the tools and I'm located between I/C & the Q/C area!
    It should be a good time, hopefully not to hot, but thats what the brews are for. LOL

7. David

David Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Becky and I are going to meet you at Rick's in Muscatine, Iowa City is too far out of the way for us :) See you tommorow.

8. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Looking forward to meeting you folks, should be a good time. They are calling for some rain today but that will hopefully just cool things off abit.

See you this after noon!

9. David

David Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the demo!

10. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for coming! Hope you and Becky had a good time? It was nice to meet you two and look forward to seeing your tank!

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks BRAD, i mean rick /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

12. REEFer Madness

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  13. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Andrew, it doesnt work man. Says invalid ID for this user.

14. David

David Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yea Rick, we had a great time, I'm going to make a thread for DIY CNC acrylic cutting in just a moment for you to look over.

15. REEFer Madness

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By rodneypierce on 06/28/2009 09:37 AM
    Andrew, it doesnt work man. Says invalid ID for this user.
    Damn.  I didn't want to go back and forth and copy and paste each picture one at a time, so I thought I was saving time.

16. David

David Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The forums are configured to shorten urls but not to display them as links, which is odd. The links work fine in my emails though.