1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Interceptor - Please help me figure out where to buy it locally!

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by AJ, Aug 5, 2009.

1. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey folks...a fellow reefer in the Cedar Rapids area is looking for Interceptor and having a difficult time getting it.  If you can tell me where you have been successful getting it or at least what vet gave/filled a prescription for it, that would be very helpful.  Thanks everyone!!
    --AJ

2. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I don't know of anyone who sells it locally. I think it's a bit too "specialized"...

If I had some to give I would, but I'm still using the sample vials from last years Fall Fest.

-JB

3. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's one of those things that you have to get prescribed from a vet. I think you're thinking of the Coral RX dip that we got samples of last year. I'll keep looking around.

--AJ

4. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ah yeah, you're right. I was thinking there was a different product for corals with the same name.

I would think many vets in town would have it if you could get them to do the prescription for something without 4 legs.

-JB

5. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I called a few places tonight. I'll let everyone know what I find out..probably make it into a Wiki post.

--AJ

6. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Calling places and asking if they will give you meds with out a prescrption will get you nowhere, been there done that. Print this of http://www.melevsreef.com/redbugs.html and take it too a Vet. From there it's hit or miss.

I have a few tabs laying around if you need i can mail them to wherever.

7. rc1214b

rc1214b

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Let me know if you still have troubles after taking in a printout.

8. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Actually, I found a vet that's willing to prescribe them...given certain requirements. Dr Leigh Ennon with Edgewood Animal Hospital will prescribe them, however according to law, you have to make an appointment, bring in a coral, and sign a waiver for non-intended use to get the meds. I don't have a need for them at this moment so hold onto what you have as you may need them in the future. I was just wondering about the process so when I do need them in the future for quarantining, etc, I will know how to get them.

--AJ

9. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What vet have you had luck with?  And did you need to make an appointment?  I hate the idea of paying for the office visit and the Interceptor too...but maybe it's a necessary evil.
    --AJ

10. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    i would try dr terry moore on mt vernon rd or dr peterson think hes out by marion area, peterson is a freshwater nerd with the eiaa.

11. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info Nick!

--AJ