1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Indonesian Coral Exports

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Sponge, May 8, 2018.

1. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    I am sure that most of you are aware that the exporting of Indo Corals has been stopped for now. Many of you have contacted us about the Premium Euphyllia shipment that was to arrive soon. To ensure everyone has been informed, we will Not be receiving this shipment.

We are hopeful that this situation is resolved very quickly and exports will begin soon. We will reorder the Premium Euphy's as soon as possible! We have corals from our other coral regions and our aquacultured corals. We will let our customers know about the Indo export status as we hear more information.

2. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    This is certainly going to be an interesting year for coral vendors.....I'm expecting to see a lot of turnover

3. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Turnover? In what manner are you referring?

4. stew Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ankeny, IA
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately, I have to agree. Tough to make money when you can't get corals in to sell. Those who do a lot of their own grow outs should be able to ride this through but if you depend on imports it could get tricky.

5. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Meaning people are going to get out of selling corals because their supply chain is cut off

6. Sponge Expert Reefkeeper Vendor

Marshalltown, IA
    Ratings:
    +233 / 1 / -0
    Yes, I assume people will get out which is not a bad thing as there has been so many hobbyists trying to sell corals as a business for them. Many have caused problems for buyers whether it be selling and sending the wrong coral, not sending healthy corals, not having and sticking to the guarantee, etc. Some hobbyist' need to stay that way. I'm not saying this in a bad way for those who are trying to do it but their skillset isn't where it needs to be. Many dont know but overseas exporters are not exporting to the US as the #1 importer because US citizens(hobbyists & thus retailers) are complaining about the high prices of corals. Some complaints are legitimate while others are the costs involved in doing this kind of business. China is now the #1 importer.

Sent from my SM-N950U via App