1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

If you want to tresspass on my land, come on out!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by xroads, Feb 13, 2009.

1. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Because the worthless Judge in Benton county wont do a #(^&$()^#)&&@# thing.
    This winter I catch a party of hunters tresspassing on my land shooting deer.  DNR comes out & cites them.  We go to court & the liberal *** judge finds them not guilty because they didnt realize they did not have permission to be on my land.
    WTF
    I guess next time when I shoot somebody for tresspassing I will get found not guilty too, because I didnt realize it was illegal to shoot somebody on your land.
    Rant over.

2. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    thats bull crap! can i help shoot them? i just got a new .45 and want to try it out.

3. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How dumb......how can you not know you didn't have permission? Either you have permission or you don't.........

4. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My wife works for judges. You'd be amazed at some of the things they do. Often times they won't read the case and pass a judgment that isn't even legal to do, and then my wife has to talk to the judge and tell them they can't do that. Quite a few seem to be really lazy too (mainly the magistrates who are lawyers but are judges for 1 day a week). I always had a higher respect for judges but they are like anyone else. There are stupid ones and smart ones, lazy ones and hard-working ones. Looks like you got a stupid one.

5. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    This one is a magistrate, he has a private practice in town as well. I bet he knows the guy, or has common buddies. I am filing a complaint & taking it up the ladder!

6. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I'm no lawyer but I'm pretty sure ignorance is not a valid reason to not be held liable for breaking a law.

7. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That kind of ignorance can get you killed