1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

If you see a post about coral frags in Craigslist...

Discussion in 'Cedar Rapids & Iowa City Region' started by JB, Jan 4, 2009.

1. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    It's probably just me.
    I'm going to post on there just out of curiosity to see if I get any interest in some frags...   Gotta fund that calcium reactor purchase!
    -JB

2. ScubaTodd

ScubaTodd Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i would be interested in some frags --depending what you have and what my tank is able to handle. I have a power compact with 6.4 ,watts per gallon. What can you offer on that?

3. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure I have some stuff that would do fine in your tank, but I'd need to know a few more details before I could give any real recommendations. Watts per gallon doesn't mean much because there are too many other factors involved (like tank dimensions).

Generally, I'd say any of the softies I have available would do great under PC lighting, but the SPS I have would probably do better under more intense MH or T5 lights.

-JB

4. ScubaTodd

ScubaTodd Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a 30 gallon tank with about 45 pounds of live rock and model one mega flow wet/dry sump w/ overflow, a 305 canister filter, skimmer, and it basically needs some good coral.

scuba

5. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Well, any of the softies would do well for sure provided that your tank is established and not cycling still.

If your tank is well established, you might want to try some easy SPS (like red cap) to see how well that does under your lights. If that does well, you could try some other types of LPS or SPS.

Most of the frags I have available are either softies or SPS. I only have a couple types of LPS and don't have frags or either yet.

-JB

6. ScubaTodd

ScubaTodd Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My tank is definetaly cycled and right now in there i have a pink bubble tipped aneome, some frogspawn, trumpet, bule mushrooms, pulsing xenia, and then a frag of toadstoal. So far everything has been regular. So i would be down with some new options of what i could throw in there. I agree the red cap would be something nice to try, but any other ideas are welcomed. ALso ive been looking to become a member and dont care to set up pay pal--can i just pay on this coming saturday there at the get together?

Scuba

7. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    You could also try some Green Slimer. It's pretty easy and may grow ok under PC's.

And yes, you can join the club at the meeting if you would like. If you plan to do that let me know and I'll bring you a piece of your choice for free.

-JB