1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

I need sand

Discussion in 'Quad Cities Area' started by mthomp, Jul 15, 2012.

1. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My tank has very little sand in it and the bare spots really bug me.  I am in need of about 30 lbs of sand.  I know I could go to the store and get some but $40 is just out of my budget for sand.
      If you have some lets talk.

2. Jamie

Jamie Well-Known ReefKeeper Vendor

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Petsmart sells the Caribsea Fine aragonite for $20 per 30lb bag sometimes it's on sale for $15 with your pet perks card. Cheapest your going to find it in store or online.

3. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Jamie I will go there today and look. My Petsmart does not have salty critters but does have a limited supply of supplies.

4. Jamie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Some of the stores don't carry the 30lb Don't get the 15lb bag they sell it for $15 and the 30lb is only $20. I've got about about 900lbs here, not exactly close to you though. But I can't sell it eaither we use it for making frag mounts.

5. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just called and they have it. Now I have to wonder what effects it will have by adding it to my tank.

6. Jamie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Good deal Rinse well and add few cups a week and you should be fine. Get the caribsea live sand and you could add a whole bag at a time but it cost about $25 for a 20lb bag, and I don't know if petsmart carries it.

7. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I like the 1 cup a day thing better. Thanks for your input Jamie, rock solid as usual.

8. Jamie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Have fun!