1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

I have pics of my tank finaly :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by snowman82, Feb 1, 2009.

1. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    here they are
    /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif but am in the works of getting more.
    i have 3 hamilton 250w pendants on there way and some blue LED's and resistors to make my own moonlight.  the stand is not complete yet. the doors are in the garage drying from last coat of poly. and still got some trim pieces to do and a cabinet to make to stand next to it and a light switch to move haha.  but this is whats i have so far
    oh and side note the tank has been up and running for two weeks now, everything seems stable, i have 2 damsels in there and got a couple free mushrooms friday and put them in there too, everything seems good and the mushrooms are doing great. 
    Chris

2. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looks like a good start :) Better to start off slow and do it right, than to go into debt to buy whatever you want right away. Might want to wipe off the glass the next time you take more pictures, lol...........

3. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah i know, the reason i haven't is cause i'm still sticking my hand in all the time and not sure if everything is exactly where i want it, so till then i'm not to worried :) Thanks though. thinking bout new power heads now, the koralia's kinda suck

4. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By snowman82 on 02/01/2009 06:11 PM
    yeah i know, the reason i haven't is cause i'm still sticking my hand in all the time and not sure if everything is exactly where i want it, so till then i'm not to worried :) Thanks though. thinking bout new power heads now, the koralia's kinda suck
    As for the power heads, I have one koralia 2 and 2 koralia 4's, I took the two out as it didn't provide enough flow.  Both 4's in my 90 are just about right, plenty of flow for what I have.

5. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yeah i might have to get rid of my 2s only had them 3 days haha

6. mnballard

mnballard

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Get the Blue DAMsel out now!!! I spent three days trying to get mine out and finally had to take out 200 lbs of rock to get it after he killed all my new chromis/DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif Seeing the face on yours he reminds me of why I renamed mine a little ----sel...... He is perfectly happy in my sump now so it all has a happy ending.

If you want to part with the Korlia 2's let me know, my son wants two for his 55 FOWLR and I was going to order them this week.

Tank looks good!!

7. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good start, keep the pics coming.
    I have a questing, and I am just woundering, why is it drilled on the side for the overflows?

8. snowman82

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    it was drilled that way when i got it, not exactly sure why. makes it hard to hide them, but oh well i can live with it. one day i might make a box out of plexi and cover the pipes inside the tank.

i never had a problem with my damsel in my last tank but i have heard of people having issues, i might throw him in my sump. thanks

mnballard....I'll let you know here in a bit bout those koralias