1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

I hate white coral.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anna, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So the gas fireplace in the tank room stuck on the other day, I guess the thermostat malfunctioned or something.  Anyway, when I went out to feed the fish the air temp was 106 degrees, and the water temp was 97 degrees.  All of my corals are dead.  My mandarin & longnose hawk are dead.  My magnificent foxface isn't eating, and is wasting away faster than I ever imagined was possible.  My clowns and tang all look great, and are apparently the toughest fish on the planet.  The biggest algae bloom in the history of algae blooms has begun.  I'm taking it as a sign to take a vacation from reefing.  FML
    Anna  /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif

2. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +396 / 6 / -0
    Wow that stinks! Seems like lots of people are haveing mishaps the last few days.

3. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Crazy. Sorry for your loss.

There's a lot of people having problems lately with their tanks.

4. bobsfish

bobsfish Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    omg...I'm so sorry to hear that. I wouldn't think that a gas fire place could even do that. ....wow, what a set-back !!

5. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Really sorry to hear that Anna. :-(

--AJ

6. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Sorry to hear that Anna,

When your tank is stable again come up to Waterloo & you can cut a bunch of frags from my tanks.

7. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh no- that's awful /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif I'd be worried about that fireplace thermostat now.......if you want to start a reef again, you're welcome to anything I have.

8. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    ^ plus one for me, you and max can have frags of whatever you want

9. mthomp

mthomp Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thats rough, words escape me.

10. PotRoast

PotRoast Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I'll send some frags too. Just let me know.

11. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +396 / 6 / -0
    +1 I will throw some frags your way as well

12. Bluefool

Bluefool Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Serious Bummer /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif. I hope you change your mind and stay in it after the pain fades a smidge.

13. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Anna that sucks! Just be glad your fireplace didn't start a fire....man that's scary! You would think they would have some sort of safety feature to prevent that.

14. Anna

Anna Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the kind words, and generous offers of frags -- I really appreciate it. Since I don't know why the fireplace stuck on, and I don't have anywhere else to keep it, I'm not brave enough to rebuild/restock the 90 right now. I think I'll get a little nano to keep on my desk when the reef bug bites again (and we all know it's just a matter of time). Again, I can't thank you all enough for the kind words!

Anna

15. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +396 / 6 / -0
    Mine is a standing offer just let me know when you get it going again and you can come down and get some frags.
    -Bill

16. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You could get a controller of some sort and have an alarm attached to it or view the tank stats online so you'd always know /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif That's what it comes to because now you'll be so paranoid that some horrible fate is going to happen to any tank you have that you'll never be able to leave it alone for any length of time /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

If you need anything, coral or whatever, let me know. I have lots of coral from your tank still I think.....