1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

I hate Fedex

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DavidM199, Dec 19, 2007.

1. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So I order some livestock from Saltwaterfish.com on monday night so overnight deleivery would be on wednesday Right? I got all the info and tracking numbers, with everything said that it would be here before 10:30am on wednesday. 
    So now it 4:00 pm and I just got off the phone with Fedex and my box jsut left Cedar Rapids, and will not be delivered til tomorrow morning. BUT I maybe about to drive 25min to the fedex hub and pick it up tonight that is if it gets here and I can make it out there before 6.   So it may just be me but doesn't overnight delivery mean that u get it the next day??  
    Sorry to another that may work at fedex. I am jsut a little mad, and want my stuff.

2. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    I would let SWF know so if you have any problems.

3. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    And yes fed ex sux! Ask the driver about filling out a claim. Double your acclimation time on your survivors. More then likely they are ok as long as the heat packs hold out.

4. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hope everything makes it ok. It's a shame to lose livestock due to a late delivery. I believe all shipments are guaranteed to be on time so you might be able to get a refund on shipping if you did pay for it.

5. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ditto, call and raise some caine with them,maybe you'll get a refund or credit. Good Luck

6. DavidM199

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i have emailed them twice and have call fedex twice too, and have really got no where. Swf told me to let them know if there is any problems with the stock. swf don't have a arive alive guarantee on shelled stock and I order some crabs and a conch, so I hope since this happened that they will replace any doa's i may have. I didn't pay for shipping but paid 10bucks for fuel shurage, I think i should get something because overnight is overnight not 2 days

7. DavidM199

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I know it was not the best time of the year to order since they are busy but if u can get all the boxes on the truck or airplane, u think if one says live fish on it u would put it on ahead of someone xmas presents

8. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Posted By davidm199 on 12/19/2007 3:59 PM
    I know it was not the best time of the year to order since they are busy but if u can get all the boxes on the truck or airplane, u think if one says live fish on it u would put it on ahead of someone xmas presents Yeah man, i would stick to ordering stuff in the spring/summer.

9. DavidM199

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    so ya my stuff got to waterloo an hour before they closed but they wouldn't let me came and pick it up now. They will deliver it tomorrow. They suck /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif I want my fish alive

10. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    you should be able to get a full refund on everything from fed ex, it doesn't matter if your shipping pies or shipping fish, overnight is overnight, the package and its contents are late, late meaning spoiled or dead, they shouldnt offer next day if they cant get it there on time.

11. calebjk Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    when you acclimate them i would add some amquil to the bag they are in. when they sit for that long in the bag the oxygen level drops in the bag, then when it goes back up after you open the bag it allows all the fishes waste to develop ammonia and can kill the livestock. i'm not exactly sure how it all works but i do know that the longer there in the bag the more likely it is to cause this problem, i also know that when Tom first open Beyond the Sea he lost a whole shipment that way and his vendor recommended amquil.

12. seanndenise1

seanndenise1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By calebjk on 12/19/2007 6:05 PM
    when you acclimate them i would add some amquil to the bag they are in. when they sit for that long in the bag the oxygen level drops in the bag, then when it goes back up after you open the bag it allows all the fishes waste to develop ammonia and can kill the livestock. i'm not exactly sure how it all works but i do know that the longer there in the bag the more likely it is to cause this problem, i also know that when Tom first open Beyond the Sea he lost a whole shipment that way and his vendor recommended amquil.
       its not the ammonia that kills them.
    when carbon dioxide builds up in the bag the ph drops slowly, when you open the bag oxygen gets in the water and bang you get a fast rise in ph=ph shock/death.
    ive never lost anything from sitting in a bag a couple days, you should be fine.
    hopefully whoever sent your livestock followed good shipping procedure and didnt feed the livestock for a couple days before shipping, and alot of waste isnt built up.
    ammonia is ammonia and once its at a certain level its death. but i wouldnt worry ive had discus sit in bags at ohare for 2.5 days and they are highly ph shock prone.
    they will be fine just acclimate quick and get em in some good water, nothing is worse than what they are in.

13. DavidM199

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yea i am and left work as should as they get there in the morning and get them home. the sucky thing is that I was so excited to get my fish today, I have been wait to get some new stuff since begining of nov

14. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I had some stuff come from UPS to the house today, Courtney said they got to the house after 8pm. This is the busiest package day of the year by the way.

15. DavidM199

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    so I got everything today and for sure my fire shrimp is dead and my couch has not come out and firefish doesn't look good either. But for better new Saltwaterfish is going to send me everything that was lost at their expense

16. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm sad to hear that your shipment was delayed and your critters did not make it.  I'm glad that SWF.com is going to stand behind their product and replace what you lost.  I only ordered from them once, a long time back, but I was impressed with their packaging and stock.  I was happy with my order from them.
    Good luck on the replacements!