1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

I AM LEGEND

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JB, Dec 14, 2007.

1. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    WOW.
    Anyone else see it yet?   That movie was intense.
    -JB

2. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I want to see it, did you see it on the big big screen? Looked pretty cool.

3. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yep, I saw it at the Wehrenburg 16 here in CR.
    Great Movie.
    Can't wait to see AVP:Requiem Next...
    -JB

4. seanndenise1

seanndenise1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sounds good, im gonna try and catch it tonight with the woman.

5. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    It looks good. I need a babysitter!

6. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My wife spilled grape juice on the bed and floor during this movie, there is quite a bit of "it's really quiet and dark and you know something is gonna happen soon.....then all of a sudden.......BAM!!!!" Grape juice everywhere !!!!

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    this movie was garbage. the ending was like.. uhmm... ok, the whole movie was just pointless i guess... the whole movie before the ending was pretty cool. i wasnt shocked or anything but i like will smith as an actor in a few movies... he did good.

8. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't say it was garbage, there Ebert. It wasn't the greatest movie ever made but it scared the crap out of my wife, i liked the plot and i enjoyed the ending. Can you tell me a movie that isn't "pointless"? Personally, I think Will Smith should have retired after he moved with his aunt in uncle in Bel Air.

9. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Has anyone seen AVP yet??? It looks good

10. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I saw AVP... It's better than the first one by quite a bit, but it's still full of plot holes and stuff that doesn't make any sense.

If you just want to see some fun carnage as a result of Aliens and a Predator trying to beat the hell out of eachother, you won't be disappointed. It's a fun movie.

However, if you're expecting something as good as the first 2 alien movies or the first predator movie, you will be disappointed. It's pretty much just a big kill fest with a bunch of innocent humans caught in the middle. I do love how they went out of thier way to establish how kind and caring certain characters were were before they killed them off in a brutal way only an Alien or Predator could do... /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

-JB

11. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Holy **** it was awesome! It wasnt pointless by any means. It could realistically all happen (other then the zombies).
    Another great movie by Will Smith

12. Saddoris(DSMpunk)

Saddoris(DSMpunk)

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I have to partially agree with heartben. But, I think it was great right up to the end. If you know how the book ended...you just cant help but be disappointed by the ending of the movie.

13. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I wasn't too impressed. The changes made to the film from the book are worse changes for the most part. In the book he is captured at the end by the still living and they execute him. And I don't believe he was even looking for a cure, he was hunting those vampires as his full time job. And the movie doesn't explain what the meaning behind the title "I am Legend" means. It did have a few good jumps in it. They also made the still living more like zombies, when they are actually mirrored off of vampires in the book.
    I liked the first half of the movie of the deserted New York although it's been done before in movies such as 28 Days Later. I found the deer hunting scene a little ridiculous. You don't hunt deer like that!
    I'm looking forward to Cloverfield. JJ Abrams take on a big monster movie crossed with blair witch style shooting.

14. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you didn't like I am Legend, tibbs, you are gonna hate Cloverfield.

15. acidlittle

Beaverdale
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I say Legand, and I really wasn't impressed. They could have done sooo much more with the story it just didn't get me excited at all..........I would much rather watch dawn of the dead and those apocalyptic USA movies then Legend....

16. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bingo Acidlittle.

It did nothing for me. The whole thing with 2 humanoid sized "undead" knocking a full sized SUV over just by running and jumping at it was way too over the top.
    I like at least a little realism in my post apocalyptic zombie movies dangit!

17. acidlittle

Beaverdale
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Agreed!

18. Phathead

Phathead Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Awesome movie would recomend to anyone.

19. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    The wife and I saw this last weekend and I would have to say neither of us were super impressed. As we have no life, other than home and kids we watch ALOT of movies I've seen good and bad. This movie kinda goes off the deep end, I'm sorry but the whole thing seems unlikely from the get go, first off if I'm the last guy on the planet other than human eating zombies I'm NOT driving a ford suv, I'm finding myself a tank or large armored vehicle. Second, if the zombies live in the dark I'm going somewhere theres a small amount of buildings....not hanging out in NY. Third, I understand this was a "virus" but why is it every "zombie" movie someone comes out with the zombies have this super human strength, can jump super high, and are super smart, Just seems alittle odd for me. The movie was ok, would have been better if I would have waited til it was on cable.