1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

how to stop getting e-mails when someone posts to a forum you posted on

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guest, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    guess the subject says it all pretty much:)   I've been poking around the site trying to figure this out and can't figure it out.   Just getting an over abundance sometimes of e-mails in my inbox and would rather not get them anymore.  Thanks[​IMG]

2. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Once in the forum, there's a gray menu bar over where it says the specific forum that you are in. In this menu bar, on the right side, you will see the My Settings menu option. On that page, you will see tabs for My Preferences and Forum Tracking. Those pages have some of the options for controlling e-mails. There are a few others that can be found in My Profile, then click the My Settings link. Those are all of the thread tracking, forum tracking and e-mail options that I am aware of. Hope that helps.

I know what you mean about the volume of e-mails. I kind of like seeing them, but I do have them automatically moved to a separate folder so they don't get in the way of the e-mails that I want to see first.

How's your tank doing? Added anything new recently?

--AJ

3. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    This would be for a specific thread.
    -Eric
    [​IMG]

4. bobsfish

bobsfish Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Posted By smw0522 on 06/05/2009 06:07 AM
    guess the subject says it all pretty much:)   I've been poking around the site trying to figure this out and can't figure it out.   Just getting an over abundance sometimes of e-mails in my inbox and would rather not get them anymore.  Thanks[​IMG]
    I think what you are after is in your profile ....click Community, click MyProfile, click MySettings...you see a box for Notify Me Via Email...uncheck the box

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks everyone for the help:) 
    AJ, tank is doing allright.  More algae than I'd like so that's been a battle I've been dealing with and hope to win soon!!  I've got 2 clownfish, a cleaner shrimp, some snails and hermit crabs, and several peices of coral.  An orange mushroom some blue and green zoas.  I'm looking forward to adding some more coral and getting another fish soon though.  [​IMG]

6. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like things are coming along. I think the battle with algae is one that most of us fight from time to time. There was some red hair algae on a coral that I bought from a friend and it seems to like my nano...I try to keep it in check, but it's winning the battle for now. I did a 20% water change last night so hopefully that will help. I may do another tonight. My plan of attack is reduce feeding, replace GFO, and do water changes. I'm not going to rely on my crabs...they are LAZY. :)

--AJ

7. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Posted By apjohnson on 06/05/2009 02:25 PM
    Sounds like things are coming along. I think the battle with algae is one that most of us fight from time to time. There was some red hair algae on a coral that I bought from a friend and it seems to like my nano...I try to keep it in check, but it's winning the battle for now. I did a 20% water change last night so hopefully that will help. I may do another tonight. My plan of attack is reduce feeding, replace GFO, and do water changes. I'm not going to rely on my crabs...they are LAZY. :)
    --AJ Hey AJ-
    Have any pics of the red algae you're talking about?
    Just curious if it's the same red turf that I have (looks like cotton candy) and if so we can discuss possible sources via pm.
    Thanks!
    -Eric

8. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm pretty sure the source that you're thinking of (where we got some of our rock from) is different than where I got my algae from. See PM.

--AJ

9. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0

Got your pm.

Anything like this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    -Eric

10. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No, *nothing* like that...wow..that's some weird looking algae. Looks very invasive. Nice coloration on your AoG's! Your T5s seem to be doing good.

--AJ

11. Eric Experienced Reefkeeper

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    I hated it - almost to the point that I considered scrapping the rock and starting over...very invasive
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...urf&aqi=g4 
    It's virtually gone now, along with a nasty green outbreak as well.
    I think the rock was tainted along with a TDS of over 85 with my RO when I filled the tank.
    I performed 10g water changes every week for 5 weeks, in theory replaced 60% of the original water, scrubbed the rock with a toothbrush before the changes, added a mexican turbo snail and a powder blue tang.
    Green stuff on back wall is gone as well:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    -Eric