1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

How much light for chaeto?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chromess 01, May 24, 2015.

1. chromess 01

chromess 01

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I had gotten a decent chunk of chaeto awhile back and couldnt decide where to put it at. I had a mesh bag so I just put it in there and attached it to the top of the tank. It has since almost doubled in size so I have been thinking of moving it to my sump. I have a 9"3" window in the top of my sump. I thought about putting a full length light under the stand but didnt want the extra light where I dont want it. With that size window what kind of light would I need to keep it growing? I have 2 led strips that you would mount under your cabinet. 15 leds each, they are on the yellow side, would those work at all?

2. blackx-runner Administrator Website Team Leadership Team

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +738 / 5 / -0
  3. Dave Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Des Moines Area
    Ratings:
    +450 / 1 / -0
    ^ that is exactly what we use with a 6000K CFL bulb. Grows chaeto like crazy.

4. new2salt

Mingo
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    I use the same thing as well and it grows like wildfire

5. chromess 01

chromess 01

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Ill have to get one of those. I put my chaeto back in another bag for now. The bag was getting alot of unwanted algae growing on it, one reason I wanted to move it. But had grown out of the bag so much I had to cut the bag down the side and toss it.