1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

How long would you wait to fail a claim with paypal?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Garrett, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Garrett

Garrett Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    About five or six days ago, I bought something from a guy from reef central.  Right after I paid for it I sent him a message asking him to send me a message so I know he got it.  I notived that the payment went through and he read my message, but he never contacted me.  I waited for about two days or so and sent him another message.  I could see that he read it, and has been online a couple times since, but still no message from him.  So this morning I sent him a message saying I was getting a little nervous about him not replying to me, and that if I didn't hear from him by the end of this weekend I am going to file a claim with paypal.
    Was I to hasty to send him that last message or not?  It is only 12$ so thats not a big deal.  The reason I decided to send the last message was because he ignored all my other messages and hasn't said a word to me since I paid.

2. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Dont even bother filing a claim with paypal. Unless you buy it through ebay paypal will do nothing.

It is a heck of a scam some people on RC have because they know paypal wont do anything, RC wont do anything, and not many peope are going to drive several hundred miles to beat them into a mud puddle.

3. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    you can find the club closest to his area & call him out in the local forum.

4. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    !!!

5. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    Actually I got a letter the other day that was from a law office. I guess so many people have been screwed by paypal because they do nothing theres a suit pending to get back all the money people lost due to paypals lacking. might not hurt to file

6. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  7. Garrett

Garrett Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well it seems like the message was good enough. he just sent a message saying "This is only the second message I got from you, I ship on fridays"

I sent more than that and just wanted it confirmed he got my money. But at least I will get it. Thanks for the advice everyone

8. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If he doesn't ship friday, file a claim, report him in the RC forum, and spam his local forum.

9. acidlittle

Beaverdale
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    paypal is so crappy.
    I ordered a bunch of vintage toys from a guy using paypal. he said he had 3 boxes to send me (in an email) he sent me 2 and never sent the 3rd, I filed and he gave them the tracking number from the first box and they dismissed it saying "seller has valid tracking number". So if you want to scam people you can send them a small empty box with a tracking number and they won't do anything. It's also a good idea to video tape you opening the package to make sure everything is in there that they promised. I got screwed for about 250 bucks worth of merchandise. Cos he sent me the crappy stuff and kept the expensive stuff.
    Try and get his first and last name (or her) and if you know what city he lives in call their local PD department and let them know what is happening, if the PD calls him, you will probably get your stuff or refund. But give it more then a week and messege the person every other day and save all the messeges. If he says he shipped it on friday and you don't have it in a week then file.