1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

How is everyone doing with the flooding/storms?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by phishcrazee, Jun 12, 2008.

1. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone need any help?!  We're ok where we are, but my husband works at the Univ of Iowa and the street he's on is flooding as I type this and will soon be under water /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif  We have spare tanks I can set up if anyone in the area needs to move their tanks..... I can hold things for anyone who needs help.
    I know a few people on here have had their homes destroyed...... Butch from Cedar Rapids is one.  Craig from La Porte City also had damage I believe, although I'm not sure how severe. 

2. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    It suxs! My basement was destroyed, shattered the tanks, carpet, drywall everything. We dont even have it bad compared to many others who lost their whole houses.

Family is ok, first floor is ok. I am hoping my 2500 trees I have planted in the last 2 years make it.

3. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm glad to hear you and your family are safe Craig and I'm saddened that you took such a loss.  My thoughts are with all of those in flooded areas, it is so awful.   I'm glad that it wasn't worse for you but I can only imagine what you are going through.  I am thankful today that there aren't any large bodies of water near where I live.