1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

How do you feed your filter feeders?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guest, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Marine Snow, Phyto, oyster eggs? I have used all of these with what I've percieved as moderate success but I guess theres no real way of telling. I need to purchase some new stuff just wanted to hear what you guys/gals think.   

2. Greenonion

Greenonion

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey josh, ill like using the rods coral food. it has a little bit of everything in it so i feel everything in my tank gets fed. i also dose oyster feast from reef nutrition every other night.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Does Aquatic Env. do rod's food orders? I have been interested rods food for a while, all the types look good.

4. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Try Reef Chili. I use that along with phyto, oyster eggs, marine snow, and cyclop-eeze, I think it helps...

http://www.reefchili.com/

5. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I love reef chili, myself. Fairly inexpensive and it keeps a long time.

6. Newbeme

Newbeme Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    AE has a couple types of Rod's food on hand, along with DT's Phytoplankton for filter feeders. I have used only Rod's food in my tank for almost a year and everything seems happy. Both fish and coral. I just bought a clam from AQ and they strongly suggested using DT's Phyto for it, so I'm giving it a try by spot feeding the clam.

7. dzabler

dzabler Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    also make sure you are turning your skimmer off (if you have one??)...the skimmer will take the really small food particles out of the water...when i feed i actually turn off my return pump and let the top tank sit with all the food in it for 20 to 30 mins (my skimmer is hooked up the my sump)...once or twice a week i try to leave it off all night and sometimes on those night i will feed things like the osyter eggs, phyto feast, dt's reef blend...if you are really having a problem with a coral or two you can try a two liter bottle with the bottom cut off...take it and place it over a coral and put the food in from the top...all the food stays right around the coral...doing this at night works really well too...also i would try a couple different foods not just one...hopefully this helped and good luck

8. Box

Box

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    AE has carnivore blend, regular blend, herbivore blend and coral blend Rods food in stock regularly.

-Box

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the responses!