1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Hole Saw ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Troy, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Troy

Troy Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am just wondering if anyone knows where I can purchase a diamond hole saw.  I am looking for a 1 3/4!  I have looked in the Cedar Rapids area at Lowes, Home Depot, and Menards.  I looked on line and found a few places, but I would like to get it by Friday night.  Any suggestions?  Thanks

2. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    45mm is actually just barely over 1 3/4 (1.77) but that's the size you probably need. This is probably the cheapest place to buy them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/45mm-Diamond-coated-drill-bit-bits-hole-saw-glass-tile_W0QQitemZ170194118403QQihZ007QQcategoryZ41501QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

3. seanndenise1

seanndenise1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i just sent one to hopper75 to take to the tank drilling meeting you guys are having, he should have it tomorrow.

4. calebjk Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    acme tools in cr told me they could get me one but i ended up ordering mine from that ebay guy in hong kong for way less and it took two weeks to get here

5. ruggerkc Experienced Reefkeeper Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member

North Liberty , IA
    Ratings:
    +183 / 3 / -0
    I got one of the ones from hong kong on ebay also. works great and the price is low, whats not to like? I didn't remember the shipping tanking that long but I got mine a couple of years ago.

6. jvonthun

jvonthun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have one in CR you are welcome to use.  I am pretty sure it is a 45mm.  It's one of the Hong Kong Bits, and I've only used it to drill one test hole, so it should be pretty sharp still.

7. Travis

Travis Well-Known ReefKeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think you can get a cheap set at Harbor Freight also.