1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Hi from Des Moines

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by wrighte, Oct 20, 2008.

1. wrighte

wrighte Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone!
    I've done saltwater about 4 years now. I have a 40 breeder, aqua c remora,  2 frogfish, fuzzy dwarf lion and a damsel named lucky. I have a green lobo brain, green bubble coral, candy cane and some zoo's. Would like to know if anyone has dealt with vermetid snails before? I would like to find new homes for the corals.

2. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome! I don't have any experience with those types of snails, sorry. I might be interested in your zoas if you were willing to ship, have any pictures or a description of them at least? What type of candy cane?

3. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hello, Welcome to the website.
    Sounds like you have a very interesting tank. You should check out the local tank tour coming up this weekend. We also have an event happening tonight. Check out the Des Moines subforum for more information.

4. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  5. wrighte

wrighte Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately i'm starting my part time job tonight and most likely be working over the weekend.  Sucks cause i missed the function at the zoo a while back.

6. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Yes I had vermitid snails, they are a real *****. Nothing will eat them. You will have to take out the LR & dry it out to kill them off.

As calfo told me, you will need a flamethrower.

7. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome!!