1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by asid311, Mar 20, 2009.

1. asid311

asid311 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi  everyone. My name is Alex Sidorowych, I live in Ames Iowa and I am happy to be a new member. I just paid my dues and am looking forward to starting to meet some of you as well as learn from you all. I started last year with a 30 gal marine tank, then my friend bought a 55 gal, so I felt I had to outdo him and bought a 75 gal.
    My 75 has now been running for about 6 months. I just starting adding some soft coral last month and everything has been doing great. I'm still very new to the hobby and have been doing a lot of reading and was referred to this forum when I was at Pets Playhouse in Cedar Rapids. This place is great, just reading through these threads has educated me a great deal. It should be noted I am still very much a novice at the hobby so forgive me if I sound like an idiot whenever I ask questions or make posts.
    I'm getting my camera back from a friend later this week so I will try and post some pics.

2. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the club! I'm sure you'll find a lot of helpful people and information to get you started.

--AJ

3. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Welcome to the club.

Dont worry about asking dumb questions, we all started there & have all asked the same questions.

4. FishBrain Expert Reefkeeper GIRS Member

New London
    Ratings:
    +399 / 6 / -0
    Welcome to the club ! You will find lots of great deals and info here.Sounds like how i started in competition with my good friend.

-Bill

5. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Welcome Alex!!

Sounds like you've got a good start on a nice setup, Just take your time and ask lots of questions, were here to help!

-Rick-

6. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to GIRS.

What will you do if your friend gets a 90 gal?

7. Rustin

Rustin Inactive User GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would double up and get a 180 gal! lol

8. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to GIRS! I am just over in Boone. I assume you are planning on coming to the Coral swap.sale next weekend in Des Moines? Also keep and eye on our thread and calendar we have some great events coming up.
    Right now we have a great salt salt buy going on if you want to get in on it. $45 for a 200 gallon box of Reef Crystals!
    Check out the calendar here.

9. asid311

asid311 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Actually my friend Josh already outdid me with a 135 gal, his thread is 2 below mine on the new member area.

I think we're gonna go to the swap later this week, look forward to seeing everyone.

10. asid311

asid311 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Finally some pictures of my tank. I really need to get more live rock, it's kinda empty in there right now.

11. asid311

asid311 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]