1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jmurray853, Mar 16, 2009.

1. jmurray853

jmurray853 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys, long time lurker and decided it was finally time to buy a tank after watching/helping a couple of my friends with their setups. I recently purchased reefgoon09's setup and I have to say I couldn't be happier and I appreciate all of his help and kindness for a novice like me
    The setup is a 135 gallon RR with a 30 gallon custom sump and metal halide & compact florescent lighting. fnvarner and all the staff at Pet's Playhouse have been a tremendous resource and I have to give fnvarner credit for informing me of girs.
    I appreciate all of the help from this forum and I am excited to continue to be a member.
    Attached is a picture of the setup on the first day of cycling.
    Thanks,
    Josh
    Marion, IA
    /Portals/0/activeforums_Attach/Photo_031509_001.jpg

2. Welcome to GIRS, I'm finding that people here are very helpful.

(By the way, fnvarner is a loser, you totally shouldn't listen to him. Haha)

3. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to GIRS!

Your at one of the most fun (yet potentially frustrating) stages right now. With a little love and care, you're going to see amazing things happen in your tank over the next year. Have patience and enjoy the little things!

-JB

4. calebjk Well-Known ReefKeeper

Cedar Rapids IA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the club. I hope you can make it to the CR tank tour we are having on Saturday, it is a great chance to meet people and get advise. A few people in the club keep frags available for free to new members, and I see you've paid your dues, so let me know when you are ready, we can get you started with some corals.
    ~caleb

5. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Welcome,

this is a great place to get answers to all your questions!

JB if you have some room in your frag tank I have some Frog spawn for new members in the c/r area.

6. jmurray853

jmurray853 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey everyone, finally starting introducing some corals. got a few nice green eye zoas.

Anyone have any good suggestions!?!?