1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Alex Crittenden, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Hey everyone. I have been a member of GIRS technically since late 2015 but haven't posted anything. I've been in and out of the hobby for 4+ years now. First tank was given bad info from my LRS (will not name) and ended up not getting correct filtration. I blame myself since I did not do the research necessary to maintain a healthy tank. My wife bought me a Biocube 29 for my birthday in 2015, so I picked the hobby back up. We ran that tank for a little over a year until we moved. At that point I broke the tank down and divested myself of the livestock. After we moved my wife was on me to set the tank back up, but I procrastinated. I recently set it back up and am letting it cycle right now. The stock Biocube filtration worked fine, but I upgraded the sump area to a more robust filtration. Looking forward to seeing what I can gleam from you all on this site and the community that accompanies it. Nice to meet you!

2. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Sorry to hear about your prior bad experience!! We'll be getting together on 9/16 for a regional event, keep this date in mind - it's not on the calendar yet because I haven't had a chance to see what happens if I merge an existing thread into an event...but here's the thread: DIY food

Would be a good time to meet others in the area & bounce some ideas around!