1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

hello just wanted to say hi

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ninjazx777, May 24, 2009.

1. ninjazx777 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    hello
     my name is matt I live in the des moines area.  I work at AE dairy my wife teaches At christ the king school.
    now for the good stuff
     My tank is a 300 gallon acrylic reef 900lbs of live rock  lots of corals (thanks j.j. and Dave) with a 50 gallon sump and a 100gal  refuge also have a 125 gallon agressive all tied together. some day i will post pics

2. ninjazx777 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    oh I am always looking to buy frags even though I am almost out of room so if you have any let me know

3. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That sounds like a great setup! I would love to have that much space to work with. Welcome to the club!

--AJ

4. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    that does sound like a nice setup. how long have you been into the hobby?

5. ninjazx777 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0

off and one for about 10 years but still learning I have had theis tank going for a year and a half its tims old tank from iowa pet foods and supplies.

6. ninjazx777 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    oops typo on not one

7. snowman82

snowman82 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    awesome sounds like your tank is getting full too :)

8. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Hey Mattt welcome.

I just started up a couple acrylic tanks. How do you clean them to keep from scratching. I have a acrylic mag float but it wont touch the tougher algae.

9. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Hey Mattt welcome.

I just started up a couple acrylic tanks. How do you clean them to keep from scratching. I have a acrylic mag float but it wont touch the tougher algae.

10. ninjazx777 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    I ust a  kent pro scraper with a plastic end.  just becarful to keep it flat so the corners dont scrape.

11. bobsfish

bobsfish Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Posted By ninjazx777 on 05/24/2009 02:40 PM 
     My tank is a 300 gallon acrylic reef 900lbs of live rock  lots of corals (thanks j.j. and Dave) with a 50 gallon sump and a 100gal  refuge also have a 125 gallon agressive all tied together. some day i will post pics
    Wow that sounds like a great setup...I can imagine lots of plumbing....please post some pics

12. ninjazx777 Experienced Reefkeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    i would but i cant figure out how to shrink them in order to post them keeps saying file size to large to upload if your ever on the east side of desmoines your welcome to come over and check it out
    matt

13. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Upload them to Photobucket and link to them...that's probably the easiest way.

--AJ