1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Hello Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by kgehrke, Jan 21, 2008.

1. kgehrke

kgehrke Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Just found this site. Super excited to meet everybody. My name's Kevin and I go to ISU. I have two tanks at the moment (addictive hobby). I'm going to start up a thread about them eventually. Just thought I'd stop by and say hi to everybody.

2. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Kevin,

Welcome to GIRS!

-JB

3. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to GIRS! Glad to see you found the site and hope to see you at a future event!

4. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Kevin

Welcome to the boards. You will find a lot of very active members in your area. Glad you found us and if there is anything we can help you with let us know.

Billy

5. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Kevin,
    Welcome to the GIRS website! /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif  There is a regional meeting in downtown DSM this Friday if you're interested in meeting some of the club members in your area.  They're a pretty fun loving bunch so it should be a good time!  Check out the link for details.  DSM Meeting Friday January, 25th 6PM

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Kevin. A few of us looked to set up an ISU reefing club a couple years ago but found no real interest. Feel free to join us any time, we're a pretty easy-going bunch. Ryan

7. kgehrke

kgehrke Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    An ISU reefing club would be pretty BA. I wish there was more enthusiasm around here for it. A lot of people are scared of the cost/work involved. I absolutely love it though. I try to talk people into starting in as much as possible.

8. Philby

Philby Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome! Hope you can make it down this Friday, if not I'm sure we'll be doing something similar next month!

9. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Welcome.

10. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Welcome.

Now I have someone else to tease about the Hawks beating on the Clones

11. kgehrke

kgehrke Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This site is awesome, I'm already impressed. I didn't know Iowa had this kind of reef enthusiasm until now. I won't be able to make it this Friday because of a friend's birthday party, hopefully some other time though. Oh yeah... who won this year xroads? haha (wrestling doesn't count)

12. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Kevin...

Glad you found us!!
    We are certainly glad to have you with us.

Dont forget to pop in on the Sunday night chat in our live chat room. 7pm on Sunday nights, of course we are there at other times also...