1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Hello from Oklahoma!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by gm333, Mar 2, 2008.

1. gm333

gm333 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I figued before I started posting I should take a little time to intro myself.
    I kind of stumbled onto this site with the help of Fawn(phishcrazee). I have known Fawn from another forum for a couple of years now.
    I have been in the hobby for over 12 years and have been keeping salty for around three.
    My current setups are 135 gallon reef, 20 gallon nano reef, 46 bowfront cichlid tank, 55 planted tank, and a 6 gallon mantis shrimp tank.
    Here is my 135 gallon setup.
    I acquired this tank a couple of years ago. I started it as a reef, then had a bad bout with hair algae so it was changed to a fowlr, then after the hair algae issue was solved I turned it back into a reef not quite a year ago.
    The tank is an oceanic, I am currently running a 30gal refugium with a mag 24 return. My skimmer is an Aqua-C EV-180 with a mag 5 pump.
    The lighting consists of 4-72"vho with 2 super actinic bulbs and 2 actinic white bulbs. I also have 2-175wt mh and one 250wt mh. All bulbs are 20,000 k.
    The flow consists of 2 korallia-4's and 2 aquaclear powerheads.
    The livestock consists of
    1-potters angel
    1-striped squirrelfish
    2-black saddleback clowns
    1-ORA oscellaris clown
    3-pajama cardinals(2- in the sump waiting to catch the third to trade them in)
    1-lawnmower blenny
    1-tailspot blenny
    1-six lined wrasse
    1-rescued engineer goby
    2-blue/green chromis
    1- yellow tang
    I have numerous coral, too many to list.
    I do 25% waterchanges every 2-3 weeks, try to do every 2 weeks, but hey Im human and tend to make it 3 weeks.
    I dose 2 part B-Ionic every other night.
    I dont have current full tank shot yet, but three part pics will work.
    I will add some pics of my nano tank later.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You have some really awesome color in that tank!  Welcome to GIRS!

3. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Sweet Tank!

Where are you at in Oklahoma? I grew up in Edmond.

-JB

4. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By jbrunken on 03/02/2008 8:42 AM
    Sweet Tank!
    Where are you at in Oklahoma? I grew up in Edmond.
    -JB
    I did not know that JB. I grew up in Quapaw in the NE part of the state.
    Welcome to GIRS gm333.

5. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Billy,

That's cool! Do you ever go back? Most of my family still lives in Oklahoma, so I try and make it back at least once a year (preferrably in the fall so I can take in a Sooner game while I'm there).

-JB

6. gm333

gm333 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the Welcome.
    I live right outside of Tulsa. I am in OKC twice a week for buisness and frequently visit Aquariums in Edmond.
    I have known Leighanne over there for over a year now. I am also very good friends with Dustin who runs Zoanuts.

7. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Awesome tank Gary! You seem to have too many frags in there, ummmm, maybe you should send some up here to your new(old) friends in Iowa /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif

8. gm333

gm333 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, they cant stay frags for long and obviously once grown they all wont be able to fit and will have to go someplace. [​IMG]

9. seanndenise1

seanndenise1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    your tank looks really good.

your choice in lighting really makes everything look great.

nice.

10. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to GIRS,
    I like your tank and pics. What are the dimessions on a 135? Great pics of the micros and acans.

11. kgehrke

kgehrke Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice tank. You're lucky to be that close to Zoanuts. I wish there was someplace like that around here!

12. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By jbrunken on 03/02/2008 9:55 AM
    Billy,
    That's cool! Do you ever go back? Most of my family still lives in Oklahoma, so I try and make it back at least once a year (preferrably in the fall so I can take in a Sooner game while I'm there).
    -JBI get back very often. I drop off in Tulsa on a lot of my trips in the west and spend a day or two with my parents. They live right up near the north east corner of the state. Like you, at least one of my trips revolves areound a Sooner game. I catch them a couple times a year outside of Oklahomo too. Oddly my trips line up with teh Sooner schedule.
    Billy

13. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Sweet, it doesn't work out for me very often, but I like to try and roadtrip to a road game or two as well.

Maybe we'll have to try and catch a game together sometime. My boss is also a huge Sooner fan, so we're always looking for chances to attend games during football season.

-JB