1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Taz and Zoey, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Taz and Zoey New User

Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My name is Chris. I had a tank setup about 8 years ago with different softies and a couple of fish. After moving I had a couple of crashes that killed almost everything so I sort of gave up until now. I am working on fixing the tank that I built at that time and came across this site while doing research on what I needed. I cannot believe we have such a group of people in Iowa. This site is amazing. After visiting a local reef shop I was a little hesitant about continuing due to the cost and overall health of the corals they had but seeing the stuff you guys have for sale on here I am back at it. I will definitely be looking for some corals here in a few months. Planning on starting with things like Xenia, mushrooms, toadstools, etc. Things that grow fast and are really hardy then will look into increasing difficulty as the tank progresses. Really looking forward to talking with you guys/gals and picking your brains.

2. avratney

Aurora
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the group

3. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    welcome

4. Maureen Experienced Reefkeeper

Urbandale, IA
    Ratings:
    +329 / 0 / -0
    Glad you are back in the hobby again. Welcome to GIRS.

5. DangerJ Well-Known ReefKeeper

Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +322 / 4 / -0
    Welcome!