1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

hello all

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by rverbeck, Feb 2, 2008.

1. rverbeck

rverbeck Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just thought I would say hello. Look to pick everyones brains and learn a lot. Dont have a reef tank yet, just a 75 gallon FOWLR right now, but plan to add corals within the next 6 months. Just doing as much research as possible for now. Want to make sure I get it right. Been reading alot and plan on doing a lot more. Thanks in advance for all the help in the future.

2. nick

nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    welcome aboard, you will find a vast knowledge here this club has helped me learn more in the past 2 months than i have heard from other people and personal experience

3. rverbeck

rverbeck Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey, thanks. I am definately looking to keep my knowledge growing. When I say I have done a lot of reading, I mean I read probably 1-2 hrs a day almost every day. My biggest thing is knowing what it good knowledge, and whats not. Its kinda hard to tell with everyone having their own preference. What works for one, doesnt always work for another is one thing I have definately learned. Thanks again.

4. Steph & Nick

Steph & Nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    where are you located? waterloo and cr both have upcoming events.

5. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Welcome to the forums. I am sure that you will find some good information on here, there are a lot of years of experience available to you as a resource.

Billy

6. rverbeck

rverbeck Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for all the welcomes. I'm glad to see such support or newcombers. I am in the CR area. I have never been to any event. I'm sure I would enjoy it. Where do I find info on events. I'm sure I can just look throught the posts.

7. Steph & Nick

Steph & Nick Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    we have an event calendar (at the top under the news and event tab) and we post in the regional forums

8. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    rverbeck, welcome to the GIRS website! Please don't hesitate to ask any questions in the forums and I look forward to seeing you around. We also have a chat on here that gets used quite a bit so feel free to jump in there.

9. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to our club!

We love to talk reefs around here...
    Looking forward to seeing you around...

einsteins

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Aloha All, I'm Brett from Hawaii (Oahu) I was born here in Iowa and am back here for the endlessness that is school. I have a 90 gallon tank, no coral since the cowfish would just mow them down. The site is much more well constructed than I expected, I'm impressed and will join soon.

11. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Welcome beck and brett. Hawaii eh? I envy you? Do any diving?

12. madison117

madison117 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yes you are right[​IMG]

13. iowareef

iowareef Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome,

If you would like some soft coral frags to get started there are plenty in my tank that you are free too. That was how I started to populate my first coral tank.

Where at in Hawaii? I moved from So Cal and had to get a Tank in Iowa to keep me from feeling too homesick.

IowaReef
    Josh

14. Duke13

Waterloo
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi