1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Hello all,

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Doomsday, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Doomsday

Doomsday Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hi all,

I’m just trying to get started and am looking to break into the saltwater tanks. I’m starting from scratch and am piecing a setup together. When and were I can find it and am willing to trade or buy piece by pieces and wait until I get it all together before I start to set it up. I have been reading all that I can get my hands on and still looking at different sites and places to get information about starting out a saltwater setup.

I may not be able to start one now but some day I will. So by what I have said you guess that I don’t have a tank to talk about. I want to get up a reef setup with live rock and live sand to start with. And then go from there and see where it take me. So if you know or want to donate anything to me just let me know and I will be more than happy to come and pick it up.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

2. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi Doomsday,
    Welcome to GIRS! There is a strong presence in Des Moines. Make sure to ask us questions to help get you started and check out the calendar of Des Moines events in the Des Moines Area forum.

3. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Hey welcome to the site.

There are alot of DIY projects that you can do as well that are fun & work well.