1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Advice? Having trouble logging into the site with my laptop....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dougers31, Feb 29, 2020.

1. dougers31

Albert Lea, MN
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    So for the last day and a half I haven't been able to login to the website with my laptop. I'm using the same link I always do that's saved in my favorites so not sure what's going on. I am still able to access it with my phone for now.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  2. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I have no idea why this is happening. I’m in Mexico and I’m able to open the forum on my phone and laptop (via phone hotspot)

If you are having problems loading on PC, clear your browser cache.

3. Roman Experienced Reefkeeper

Cedar Rapids, IA
    Ratings:
    +321 / 3 / -0
    I haven’t been able until right now to even pull up website for the last few hours

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  4. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I got the server admin looking into it. Had to reboot server twice so far. Personally, I’m thinking it’s leap day related lol

5. dougers31

Albert Lea, MN
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yup that's the same issue I was having. Wouldn't bring the website up at all, almost like it didn't exist. Will have to try again tonight when I get home from work.

6. dougers31

Albert Lea, MN
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    All good now. Didn't have to do anything other than click the link :)

7. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    I guess there were all kinds of issues with servers yesterday (not just this one)

8. Bud Loves Bacon Website Team Board of Directors Leadership Team GIRS Member Vendor

West Des Moines, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,818 / 14 / -0
    Anyone still having issues on PC: clear your browser cache. If you need help, google it for instructions.

for you phone, close all apps and reboot phone (it’s harder to clear phone cache)

this is all DNS related. Had to rebuild tables (way above server level) then that takes 24-48 hrs to trickle down. So everything should be fine if you wait 48 hrs, or force a reset by clearing cache