1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Having problems with the Fall Fest website?

Discussion in '2009' started by JB, Sep 27, 2009.

1. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    A couple people in another thread mentioned that they were having problems accessing the Fall Fest website with IE.
    If you run into this, please try clearing your temporary internet files: Tools -> Internet Options -> General [Browsing History]
    If that doesn't work for you, deleting any cookie files from fallfest.greateriowareefsociety.org may do the trick.
    Please let me know if you are experiencing problems with the site.
    -JB

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Using Mozilla and still not working for me.

3. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    I was able to access it, I will try from home tonight & see if it works there.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Deleted cookies and restarted and TAADAAA! Works! Who knows? Can't wait til FallFest!

5. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'm pretty sure it's a cookie issue. It probably had to do with our recent site upgrades.

I have yet to see a case where clearing browser cookies didn't immediately fix the problem. You shouldn't have to delete anything but delete cookies from iowareefsociety.org

IE8 provides an easy way to delete all cookies for a domain:

1) Under the tools menu, click on "Developer Tools". This will open the developer window.
    2) Click "Cache" in the menu, then select "Clear Cookies for Domain".

That should do it.

-JB