1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Having problems with reef central

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Trevor0015, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Trevor0015

Trevor0015 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey I am having problems with reef central being able to post on peoples threads and see pictures that they post, unless they post it directly on the thread..When I try to do this a page comes up like this...
     you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

[*]Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    Basically what I am asking is how do I get permission to start accessing pages so I can post in threads? I tried to find some type of phone number to call and ask them about it but couldn't find it...Let me know if anyone has had this problem with their screen name or if anyone knows how to fix the problem... Thanks
    Trevor

[script removed]

2. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Are you trying to post in a member's only area? That may not be the correct terminology I used there. Basically are you trying to post in a forum that requires you pay your dues before you are able to post?

3. Trevor0015

Trevor0015 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am not sure I have just tried to post on the Greater Iowa Reef Society section is the midwest forums..All I did was register and there wasn't anything about paying dues that I noticed where do you pay for your dues?

4. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    At the tope where you see the "home" Community" etc. tabs the very rightmost tab is "Join GIRS" and lets you pay via paypal. I believe it is $20/year? I am not sure you need to pay just to use the midwestern forums though so you may be having another issue?

5. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Just to clarify, becoming a GIRS club member is completely unrelated to anything on Reef Central.

You shouldn't have to do anything special to post in the GIRS forum on Reef Central, but we don't have much (if any) control over how that forum operates.

-JB

6. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    WOW I am an idiot... I didn't realize he was talking about RC :/ My bad /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif
    Sorry to have mislead you.

7. Trevor0015

Trevor0015 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I know everybody on GIRS doesn't have any control on RC I was just wondering if anyone knew what was going on with my problem... I would try to post this on RC but it wont let me do anything thats why I am posting this on GIRS...

Trevor

8. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure... I've never heard of any problem like that. Have you ever posted on RC before?

Also, did you just create your account? If so, RC may have sent you a verification email. You may need to verify your account before you post if you haven't done so already.

-JB

9. Trevor0015

Trevor0015 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have not tried to post yet because I don't really have anything to post about...I also thought that I might need to varify my account through an e-mail sent to me...But I have been registered for about 6 months now (I think) and I have never been able to post on the site... And now I am finally trying to figure it out

Trevor

10. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure about this, but if you click on the "My RC" button in the upper part of the RC pages it will take your to your account page, there might be a way in there to ask RC to re-send the verification email.

-JB

11. Trevor0015

Trevor0015 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yea I looked through that and didn't have any look but I'll see if there is anything I can find of do again through my account thanks for the help JB...

Trevor

12. Trevor0015

Trevor0015 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the help everybody I just set up a new account and confirmed everything that must of been the problem it was never confirmed through the e-mail... Stupid mistake...

Trevor