1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Have you ever....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Waverz, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Have you guys ever bought anything from "that guy who is super paranoid about using paypal"?  I just bought some x10 modules from a guy on RC, i paid with paypal funds so it was an instant transfer, he has asked me just about every detail of my paypal account except my password.  He was so worried i was going to screw him over he even had me paypal his friends account, which i really was hesitant to do, but i see this guy posting alot so i am hoping he is legit.  Anyway, just wondering if anyone else had ever ran into "that guy".
    LOL

2. DavidM199

DavidM199 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nope, i have never had a problem with anything that I have bought online, exempt one thing that took a month for my to get. But the good thing is that if something happens you can file a calm againist him through paypal and get your money back.

PS Howbad did jason crack the whip on you after i left on saturday?? There will be beer provided!!! /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    did you go help jason on saterday jeremy? is that why you didnt call me... you hate me dont you? shucks.

i have dealt with a few of those type. the sort that think if you arent varified ( which i am) then you are a crook.

i figure hey - if the money is in my paypal now (from buyer) then i have the money... i then transfer, take it out of the atm, or spend it on ebay...

idk, i dont blame people though. its weird that people like us (buyers) will pay people we cant see for products we cant hold willingly... i sure do hope you get the modules though, im going to have you show/tell me the finer points of reefcontrolling and the like... oh yeah..woo!

4. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Posted By davidm199 on 11/04/2007 9:09 PM
     good thing is that if something happens you can file a calm againist him through paypal and get your money back.

Check again on that one!  That only works if you bought the item on Ebay.  If you bought it outside of ebay you're pretty much on your own.
    Who'd you buy it from Jeremy?

5. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Posted By got2lb on 11/05/2007 3:26 PM
    Posted By davidm199 on 11/04/2007 9:09 PM
     good thing is that if something happens you can file a calm againist him through paypal and get your money back.

Check again on that one!  That only works if you bought the item on Ebay.  If you bought it outside of ebay you're pretty much on your own.
    Who'd you buy it from Jeremy?
    If you use paypal, use a credit card. Like got2lb said.Paypal won't do
    crap if you didn't buy it through ebay. BUT, if you use a CC, you can
    file a claim with your credit card company.
    Chris