1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Has anyone kept a Harlequin Tusk?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xroads, Feb 4, 2009.

1. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    They are awesome looking fish.  They are meat eaters that may raise havoc with my clean up crew, but I am thinking of one.

2. wolfman1973

wolfman1973 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i had one a few years back but sadly it died a few weeks later. i had it in my 75 with my snow flake eel and the eel never seemed to bother it but it hid most of the time. it did come out to eat and looked very nice but one day i came home and there it was, dead in the front of the tank,no signs of foul play. from what i have read about them is that you should dough out the money and get the austrailan one! with the tanks you are setting up i think you could offer one a very good home! this is a good read http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/mar2003/Fish.htm

3. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hung has had one in the shop for a while now if you're looking to buy local.

4. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Thx I have to pass through there tomorrow afternoon. I will stop & check it out

5. h2so4hurts

h2so4hurts Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's a big one though. I'd say 6-8 inches? Really pretty fish. He has an awesome looking Panther grouper in there too, but I don't want to chance it eating my shrimp and crabs /DesktopModules/ActiveForums/themes/_default/emoticons/sad.gif