1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Halides arrived today

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by REEFer Madness, Oct 14, 2008.

1. REEFer Madness

REEFer Madness Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just got done setting it up and have it up and running.  It looks like I'm looking at an HD tank now.  I just ordered 2x250 watt from Aqua Traders (I know I know...But I'll keep an eye on the ballasts and change the bulbs before too long).
    So with in the last week I got the lights and set my sump up.  Feels like I own an actual salt water tank now.

2. Lee

Lee Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How does it look? From the pictures I've seen of this fixture, the stock bulbs look green.

3. REEFer Madness

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Only if I could find my camera!
    Actually, it may sound strange, but it looks clear...seriously.  I can see the wall behind my tank through the glass and it's the same tone/tint/shade.

4. CREYNOLDS

CREYNOLDS

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I know how to fix the ballest. The plug that plugs into the ballest it gets a carbon build up on it and makes a bad connection so when it fires it burns the plastic. So what you have to do to fix is is cut that plug off drill a hole thur that platic male pulg that is in the ballest and sodier the wires together. I hope this helps so there will be no worries.

5. REEFer Madness

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    A few things.  My anemones are coming out.  Slowly, but they are not in the cracks and crevices that they were.
    The light is a little yellow.  Can't tell so much when fully powered, but I was messing around to get them on the timer and when they were coming on, the yellow had more of a tint, but not it's barely noticeable now that it's to my attention.
    CREYNOLDS:  I'll have to check into that.  I'm not much of a handy man, let alone doing some wiring.  I'll have to get someone else to do it.  When I was first changing my pc light sockets (I bought them used and they were corroded to the old bulbs), I shocked myself a few times too many.

6. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    MH bulbs take some time to break in and settle into a final color...Dont fully judge them until about 100 hrs of breakin time.