1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Hair Algae/green stuff - Who is best to eat this stuff?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gb387, Oct 16, 2008.

1. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My tank seems to be responding nicely after the near disaster - most of my corals that are left look VERY good and a couple others on the right road to looking better.  But...  now that all my fish are gone I am getting a lot of hair algae and this deep green algae that peels off in 'sheets', I have lots of snails, one emerald crab left some chromis and a clown, so I want to get back started off right what would you guy suggest to keep tabs on the hair algae and this other green algae (not sure of the type)?  Both are on the live rock.

2. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    i would get a few more emeral crabs, yellow tang & lawnmower blenny

3. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Get a good clean up crew as well as Craigs (xroads) recommendations, yellow tangs will feast. Blue legs eat the stuff well. After your crash it is no wonder you are growing algae well, but always remember why the algae is growing well. Water consitions are not great yet, keep up with the water changes and testing.

4. ZLTFUL

ZLTFUL Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My LMB is a machine with hair algae. And fun to watch. Plus the best personality (Fishonality?) in my tank.
    But like Joel said, ridding the hair algae of IT'S food source is the best way to go.