1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Growth shots

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deleted member 46, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Here is a perfect example why a lot of people do not like Xenia.  I thought my Digi was doing well[​IMG] 
    Before, First pic taken week before frag swap
    [​IMG]
    Today
    [​IMG]

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    does xenia like.. inhibit growth for other corals or something? you can see some little growth nodules (idk what they are called.. haha)

3. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    They inhibit growth kinda like weeds do. They'll just takeover an area so the other corals do not have a chance. The Purple digi is growing super fast but if you look in the background that xenia has over doubled in size.

4. BigBlue

BigBlue Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Xenia is cool but I will take over other corals for sure. I had some but it started to take over so I had to get rid of it.
    Same with GSP it  will do the same thing.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    my xenia doesnt grow that fast :-(

it has grown considerably since we got it though, i would imagine itll grow a little faster once everything gets more established.

6. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I had to get rid of my xenia. It spread too rapidly. Now I just wish I could tap my shoes together and make all my mushrooms disappear.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yank em out and mail me some? throw em in a little thermos thing or just wrap em in a damp paper towel... i bet they would live. hehehe.

8. IowaDiver Well-Known ReefKeeper

West Des Moines
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I think I cut about 30 mushrooms off my rock with an xacto knife a few weeks ago just to allow some room for my zoas to grow. Trust me, you don't want them! /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    mahnnn...

10. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That is one gorgeous purple digi!  I've never had any luck growing them and keeping that color.  Prettyyy!!

11. Deleted member 46

Deleted member 46 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    some of the color is from the camera. Weird thing with the coral is that in the morning it appears more purple too.