1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Growth shots anyone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Waverz, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow Jeremy, it doesn't seem that long ago that you were having problems with your tank.  You've come a long way, where did you get your leaning from?  I've hit about every forum on the web.

2. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Actually i think mostly i learned from trial and error.  I did everything wrong then i learned to do it right after that.   I think the biggest thing to  take into cinsideration for good growth is lots of light and most importantly balanced water parameters.  Keeping your  Alk and Ca in proper balance seems to be the key.  I use the reef chemistry calcualtor to help me with that which can be found here.
    http://home.comcast.net/~jdieck1/chemcalc.html

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've got good light and I've been working hard to keep my Ca and Alk in check.  I guess the key is time, nothing good happens fast.

4. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    If you are having a hard time keeping them in balance, it could be because your Mg is low. I know when my levels get out of whack, its usually because my Mg is getting low. Do you test for Mg?