1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Growth shots anyone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Waverz, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Here is my rainbow montipora, when i first got it was just a little nub, as of lately it has really been doing well.
    Here is a pic i took Sept 30th 2007, it was stung by something and was half dead a few months before this pic was taken.

[​IMG]
    And here is a shot taken Dec. 5th 2007.  You can see why they call it "rainbow" pretty well in this picture, hopefully in a few more months there will be even more color.

[​IMG]

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Very nice, that's a good looking monti.  Where did you get it.

3. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thanks! I got it from Jason G. about a year ago, I'm not sure where he got it, I will ask him later today. It really wasn't one of my favorite corals at the time but now thats its getting some good color to it, its starting to make me want more montiporas. I really would like to get some sunset.....hopefully i can pick some up this spring.

4. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice Superman, Jeremy! /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif The one I got from Jason is finally getting rainbow colors. I gave the frag to Jeff(Ball) and it had all red polyps that were fully extended. To be honest, it didn't even look like a monti anymore. Anyway it has recently started growing well in his tank after he started feeding more. Now you can see the rainbow colors coming back on the polyps with a nice blue base. Keep it up, it looks like you have a nice one growing!

5. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    It did look like superman the whole time i've had it up until a couple weeks ago when the orange started coming in. I was starting to think Jason gave me the wrong frag. Speaking of which, he was just here and guess what he brought me? Looks like i don't have to wait until this spring to get my sunset.

/site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif

Thanks again Jason!

6. slovan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Awesome! Remember Jeremy, the sunset isn't a rare coral so don't even think about killing it. /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/wink.gif Ha ha ha, you know I'm just giving you crap.

7. glaspie69

glaspie69 Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    Just wait til you see the bill for that sunset Jeremy......

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i like how the bald areas of before have grown the most... or so it seems to me?

9. slovan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think the original frag is the one circled in yellow and the rest is new growth.  The bare spots look like they recovered nicely though.  I could be completely wrong but that's my guess. /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/smile.gif
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Actually the original frag was in this circle.

[​IMG]

11. slovan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow, I can't believe it was that small! It has come a long ways. I'm almost afraid to ask how big the sunset monti is right now. I hope to see some growth shots of it someday. /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif

12. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Here is the frag of sunset i got from Jason, it was freebie so I'm not complaining at all.  It is about the same size of the rainbow frag when i got it.  Hopefully it will grow as fast as the rainbow has.  I put it close to the the rainbow, i figure if the rainbow is doing well there, then the sunset should as well.

[​IMG]

13. slovan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That is tiny but like you said, it's free. /site/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/_default/emoticons/biggrin.gif The one I have was a little slow growing at first but when it got a little bigger, growth just started taking off.

14. seanndenise1

seanndenise1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thats pretty cool looking , what lights are you running to get that growth?

15. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Posted By seanndenise1 on 12/23/2007 5:15 PM
    thats pretty cool looking , what lights are you running to get that growth?
    I run 3 400 watt XM 20k's on a 125 gallon, along with a couple NO actinics.

16. slovan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What kind of ballasts are you running, Jeremy?

17. glaspie69

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    Are you two gunna rag on me the rest of my life?.....Gunna start giving me a complex

18. glaspie69

Ratings:
    +41 / 2 / -0
    I was gunna give him a superman frag too but he might have just blown that

19. slovan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By glaspie69 on 12/23/2007 9:10 PM
    Are you two gunna rag on me the rest of my life?.....Gunna start giving me a complexWhat's this in regards to?

20. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Posted By slovan on 12/23/2007 9:19 PM
    Posted By glaspie69 on 12/23/2007 9:10 PM
    Are you two gunna rag on me the rest of my life?.....Gunna start giving me a complexWhat's this in regards to?
    My thoughts exactly....what are you talking about?  Did i miss something?