1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Group Buys for the Jan 19th Meeting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BGreenlee, Dec 30, 2007.

1. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I will be putting together a group buy from both Drs. Foster and Smith and Premium Aquatics for the January 19th meeting. So if you are getting ready to order something you might hold off for a few days to save on shipping. This will be for dry goods only.
    If there is enough interest on any other outlet for good let me know and we may be able to set one up for it as well.
    Billy

2. Jamie

Jamie Well-Known ReefKeeper Vendor

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Has anyone on the GIRS board looked into signing up for drs foster and smith business partner program? It's open to reef clubs and would save members some cash.  Also I was asked by some members about maybe donating a few items for the raffle? Does anyone have anymore info on whom to contact I sent an e-mail to the board e-mail but with no response???

3. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By jamiehag on 12/30/2007 7:02 PM
    Has anyone on the GIRS board looked into signing up for drs foster and smith business partner program? It's open to reef clubs and would save members some cash.  Also I was asked by some members about maybe donating a few items for the raffle? Does anyone have anymore info on whom to contact I sent an e-mail to the board e-mail but with no response???
    I am the board president this year, you can contact me via pm here and I can supply you my shipping address. Not sure why we did not get the emails, I will look into it. I will be signing up for that for the club for future orders, thanks for the tip.
     We would appreciate anything you are willing to donate. Matter of fact you donated some frag plugs and discs to the QC group earlier in the year with an order I placed with you. I like the plugs and am about due to order another batch.
    Billy

4. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Hey Jaime,

Welcome to the dark side.

5. Waverz

Waverz Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Billy count me in for this....

CD-29683 Coarse Aragonite Reactor Media (1 gal) $24.99

Mines getting low, i think i need to top it off.

6. mr.jeff.wagner

mr.jeff.wagner Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I need to get some salt, so i would be in.

7. acidlittle

Beaverdale
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Anybody fromt he DSM area going and willing to get me my salt if I were to order? If so that would be awesome and I would be forever thankful! PM me if you are willing!

8. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Billy, thanks for letting me order with you!

9. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By slovan on 01/07/2008 5:04 PM
    Billy, thanks for letting me order with you!
    No problem Sone.
    I will be accepting orders through this Sunday. I will place the order Monday morning. If anyone else wants to get in on this let me know by then.
    Billy

10. einsteins

einsteins Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Billy

If you are ordering from Premium Aquatics please order me a 4lb container of ESV Kalkwasser.

Thanks

11. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By einsteins on 01/08/2008 9:52 AM
    Hey Billy
    If you are ordering from Premium Aquatics please order me a 4lb container of ESV Kalkwasser.
    Thanks
    Will do.

12. phishcrazee Experienced Reefkeeper

Riverside
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    http://www.greateriowareefsociety.org/site/Community/DiscussionForums/tabid/78/forumid/4/postid/5166/view/topic/Default.aspx
    I've posted seperately for this, but I plan on ordering from Fosters for frozen food and can bring it to the meeting if anyone else is interested.

13. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to order too and will send you a PM tomorrow with my items.
    Thanks Billy!

14. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have decided to extend the time on the group order through Sunday night. I will now place the order first thing Monday morning to make sure that we have it in by Friday. PM me or post in here with your needs. I can float the order till the meeting as long as you are not ordering anything too big.

15. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Billy, thanks for extending this offer! Could you please add this item(CD-909418) from Dr. Fosters to my order?

16. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By slovan on 01/09/2008 7:54 PM
    Billy, thanks for extending this offer! Could you please add this item(CD-909418) from Dr. Fosters to my order?
    Sure thing.

17. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

There are a couple of people on here that said they wanted to order, but never supplied an order to me. I have the order put together and ready to go in, I have to have it in soon, so if you want in, get me the information in the next 30 minutes so I can have the order in before 2pm at the latest.

Billy

18. einsteins

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Billy

If you get this I need 2 bottles of Warner Marine Potassium additive from PA...it is like 8.00/bottle

If not its not big deal....just let me know.

eins

19. BGreenlee

BGreenlee Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By einsteins on 01/14/2008 12:31 PM
    Billy
    If you get this I need 2 bottles of Warner Marine Potassium additive from PA...it is like 8.00/bottle
    If not its not big deal....just let me know.
    einsgot it.
    I sure thought more people would be after the low priced salt at Drs FS. RC and IO both on sale right now.

20. einsteins

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Crap...

I didnt think you wanted to mess with Salt buckets....and hauling those around.
    I didnt even consider ordering salt....and I am down to 1/2 bucket.

oh well
    eins