1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Greetings!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Dave-DSM, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Dave-DSM

Dave-DSM Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm Dave and I'm in Des Moines, well Urbandale actually.  New to Salt water, had fresh for years until.....well, that's a long story.  Best told in a dark, smokey,.....wait, can't smoke inside any more.  OK, dark, unsmokey, corner with a strong cocktail! 
    I have a 54 gal corner all glass since Dec '08.  Whish I had found you guys sooner.  Being my age....40+....the internet is not the first place that comes to mind when looking for advice.  I know, it should be!  Glad I'm here now and looking forward to meeting a lot of you!!
    Dave

2. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0
    Cool Dave,

Better late then never!

Lots of good people in the DM area that will be able to help you out.

3. B-Rad

B-Rad Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Welcome Dave!

If you have any questions please ask?

A little peace of advice,( take your time and learn as much as you can,) I've been into SW for 6yrs and I still learn something new every day!!

-Rick-

4. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the forums Dave. As xroads said, DSM has a nice number of club members and the DSM regional trustees have done a great job scheduling events in your area including the Spring Frag Swap last month and the tank tour coming up in a few weeks. Read more about the tank tour and other Des Moines events in their regional forum here (http://www.greateriowareefsociety.o...fault.aspx). Good luck!

--AJ

5. Bela

Bela Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome! Happy to see you have joined us!

6. jtesdall

jtesdall Expert Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi Dave,
    Welcome to GIRS. Feel free to ask any questions that come to mind. As AJ mentioned we have some events coming up in DSM like a tank tour and and then we are having a meeting in May to make our fish food.
    Kepp an eye on things by clicking here: http://www.greateriowareefsociety.o...fault.aspx
    Hope to get a chance to meet you soon!