1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Greenwich Aquaria

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Benji, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Benji

Benji Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I recently visited this reef shop while on a winter holiday and just checked out their online site.  The website and pics of the shoppe's interior speak for themselves. Their livestock photography is amazing and are true depictions .
    It was a great place to visit, the staff was courteous, and went out of their way to make you feel "at home."  While their inventory is superior to any I have ever seen {better than any i visited in FL, San Diego, and No Cal}, the prices {when listed but, very few pieces had the price disclosed} where far beyond my current reefing bugdet. 
    The old adage held true in my case- "If you have to ask how much it costs, then you can't afford it."
    Nonetheless, it was a great visit and would urge others to stop by if they are ever on the east coast.
    http://www.greenwichaquaria.com/store.html

2. slovan

slovan Experienced Reefkeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The store looks awesome!  I remember seeing a thread about on Manhattan Reefs when I was doing research on Sfiligoi lighting.  I never did get to see the finished product, this store is definitely on another level.  Thanks for sharing!

3. FishNewb1

FishNewb1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    that is by far the coolest store i have ever seen.

4. Wayne1

Wayne1 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That is awesome. By the way Benji GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. got2lb Well-Known ReefKeeper

Clarksville, IA
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    WOW that's a pretty impressive looking store. I can probably guess why there prices are pretty high! Looks like a pretty high end store with some high end equipment!

6. Benji

Benji Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Posted By got2lb on 12/31/2007 9:30 AM
    WOW that's a pretty impressive looking store. I can probably guess why there prices are pretty high! Looks like a pretty high end store with some high end equipment!
    the thought that this place actually had items ''for sale'' left me upon entering and returned during the last 10-15 minutes of my visit...it has the feeling of a museum...clean and full of info...and the staff acted as curators supplementing the info that was absent from the ''exhibits''
    the thought of making a purchase [regardless of the offering price and my finances or the ability to sustain the life on the voyage home] never occured to me until i noticed that there were no prices posted.  the whole experience was overwhelming but, enjoyable and informative.

7. RobynT

RobynT Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Pretty awesome coral museum there.........Hard to imagine it in the middle of the midwest isn't it?

Another addage that I live by (and my own I think)

"I'd rather look at a bunch of stuff that I can't afford, than a bunch of stuff that I can afford and don't want"