1. Do you have an old account but can't access it?

See Accessing your GIRS Account or Contact Us - We are here to help!

Great experience with Minnesota LFS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xroads, Jul 23, 2009.

1. xroads Veteran Reefkeeper Vendor

La Porte City, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,014 / 6 / -0

I stopped at Saltwater Empire in Minneapolis today on the way home.

All I can say is wow, this is what a LFS is like.

It was SW only.  After about a minute a salesman asked if he could help me.  I replied I was just passing through & he offered to give me a tour of the store.  I said sure & he led me around, showed me the floor stuff & then took me into the back room.

My jaw dropped when he showed me dozens of tanks in QT.  He told me every item they receive goes through QT & all fish goes through Hypo.  I couldnt believe it.  A LFS doing it right.

They had salt for $38 a bucket. 4 inch RBTA's for $75.  & frags starting at $9.95.  They also had Tunze, Koralia, & Ecotech pumps in stock just to name a few.  The other nice thing I really liked is every since fish, coral, shrimp, & drygoods had a posted price.

I bought a real nice 2 colored frag of frogspawn that I hadnt seen before & frag of Blasto's for $40.
    It must be nice to have something more then a Petco without having to make a 3 hour trip out of it.

2. JB Veteran Reefkeeper

Marion
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Wow, nice. Too bad there aren't more shops like that around...

-JB

3. AJ

AJ Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds awesome! I'll have to check it out next time I'm up there.

--AJ

4. gb387

gb387 Inactive User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Isn't that store CrAzY - I had the same tour. They are VERY helpful and I have got some killer deals from them. Seems if you mention you drove some distance to see them they really try and go the extra mile for you. They carry top of the line stuff and I think the prices are very competitive.

100% first class!! Its a must check out for anyone headed that way!!!

5. adampottebaum

adampottebaum Experienced Reefkeeper GIRS Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Awesome, I'll be going up there in September for the Vikings vs. 49ers game and I wanted to find a good store for the trip. I'll have to start savin some money...

6. cowdust9

cowdust9 Well-Known ReefKeeper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    this is there link http://swempire.com/